Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cdg karaoke files

Options
  • 27-08-2009 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Hope I'm in the right place here, but I'm having a problem converting karaoke files from my hard drive, to burn them onto karaoke discs, which can be read and played by a cdg player. I'm using MP3+G Tools and following the instructions, as in, select the files, convert to .bin files, which happens ok, whereupon I should also have .cue files, which I dont! I go into the "Create cue file" mode, but it doesnt respond, in that the appropriate "window" simply flashes on screen for a split second. I have tried every possible approach/order etc. but to no avail. Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated. Another minor, but irritating issues, is a rumbling/hissing noise coming through my speakers when I play cdg files from my laptop through an amp. It even picks up every movement on the laptops touch pad and makes noise when opening or closing windows etc.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

AFAIK, you need a cdg compatable CD/DVD drive, e.g. Plextor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

AFAIK, you need a cdg compatable CD/DVD drive, e.g. Plextor

Many thanks for your response, but it doesn't really help with my original query, which was about converting files. I have a cdg player, which reads and plays cdg discs, my issue is in converting existing files, made up in two parts, cdg and mp3, so that they can be burned onto discs, into bin and cue files, which are read and played by the cdg player. The process of converting goes through several different stages, or should do, but doesnt, in my case. Is there a simple straightforward way of doing this and is there any recommended, user friendly software that does the job. PS, I may have the hissing/rumbling issue sorted out. Thanks again.

Advertisement