Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish prog metal band distributor's new album

Options
  • 27-08-2009 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine's band has just released their first album (and are already working on the second!). Presonally i think the music is amazing but everyone has there own tastes i suppose:p . I felt it was worthy of sharing anyway. The album can be listened to/downloaded here and their myspace is here for anyone's that is interested

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Irish prog metal?! Surely not! :p

Great, can't listen to them at the mo but I'll give it a go in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

trogdor wrote: »
    A friend of mine's band has just released their first album (and are already working on the second!). Presonally i think the music is amazing but everyone has there own tastes i suppose:p . I felt it was worthy of sharing anyway. The album can be listened to/downloaded here and their myspace is here for anyone's that is interested

Thanks for the heads up Trogdor - having a listen now,
    odd I don't remember hearing about your mates before - do they play live at all ???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Was gonna say I recognised the name from somewhere, but sure know one of the lads in the band.

Like the stuff, can hopefully go to shows now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

NIBBS wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up Trogdor - having a listen now,
    odd I don't remember hearing about your mates before - do they play live at all ???

Well the guitarist had been away for a year and only got back at the start of the summer. They played in fibbers a few weeks ago and are playing in Limerick in about a week, they have a few gigs in Eamon Doran's in temple bar coming up and a few in Belfast i believe as well:)

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Cheers for the info. I'll be checking them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Just listening to one of their tracks on myspace now, Immoral, Immortal. it sounds pretty damn good. Have to see them live sometime

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    Just listening to one of their tracks on myspace now, Immoral, Immortal. it sounds pretty damn good. Have to see them live sometime

My sentiments exactly!:D I hope Eamon Doran's reopens in time for the gig on the 15th..

trogdor wrote: »
    My sentiments exactly!:D I hope Eamon Doran's reopens in time for the gig on the 15th..

Is it not 18th and 25th? Much better if it was the 15th!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Powellman

It looks like Eamon Dorans is closing down so I'm not sure what the story is with these two gigs. Its a bit of a bummer for us as we really wanted to get our music out there while the album is still fresh. Plus the fact that we don't exactly have a tour lined up or anything. If anybody is willing to help us with getting some gigs we'd much appreciate it.

Glad you's all like the stuff so far :D

Ross (drums)

Mushy wrote: »
    Is it not 18th and 25th? Much better if it was the 15th!

Indeed it was..emphasizing the "was" unfortunately
    Powellman wrote: »
    It looks like Eamon Dorans is closing down so I'm not sure what the story is with these two gigs. Its a bit of a bummer for us as we really wanted to get our music out there while the album is still fresh. Plus the fact that we don't exactly have a tour lined up or anything. If anybody is willing to help us with getting some gigs we'd much appreciate it.

Glad you's all like the stuff so far :D

Ross (drums)
    Hi Ross, its a bummer indeed, hopefully someone might be able to help out..

• Advertisement

I see they have a gig coming up in fibbers now on the 27th :D
    Was reading 2 fairly positive reviews on the album too!
    http://www.drop-d.ie/archives/7477
    http://metal-temple.com/review.asp?id=3982

• Registered Users Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I normally don't like this style of metal but the music is very good and the dual vocals are excellent - especially on the track Clarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Really liking that. Listened to the whole album. Definitely gonna go to the Fibber's gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Best attempt at prog outta Ireland i have ever heard for sure. Love the vocals and the guitar tone/bass tone. After listing to clarity im defiantly going to check out the rest of the album. That song is SICK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tanora78

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Pity the gig is on the same night Pentagram are playing, otherwise I'd probably have went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Rockettmeister

Sup guys, Ian the guitarist for Distributor here. Don't worry I'm not just joining for band pimpage I've been meaning to join boards for a while so I'll be sticking around here. But while I'm at it I wanna say thanks for all the supportive comments and the time you've given to us in this massive ocean of up and coming bands trying to pimp themselves online. I really appreciate it and it means a lot :)

Hey guys,

Just an update to let you know we've finished recording 2 new songs! And the first one is up on our myspace now. It's called 'This is What We Built'

http://www.myspace.com/distributorband

We think it's a helluva lot better than our previous stuff, musically, songwriting-wise, production-wise, everything wise! This new stuff also features my 8-string guitar and JD's 7-string bass a lot more prominently :cool:

Also, for anyone interested, here are some clips of us recording:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muLVrarAexY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wi1UwqCvRw

and this is a clip of recording for the other new song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aJNd75m1X4

enjoy I hope! the other new song should be up and running soon

Ian

Will check it out later man, looking forward to hearing it!

Cheers man :)

one other announcement:

We unfortunately had to let our female singer Caroline Flanagan go, so we are on the lookout for a permanent (female) replacement. If anyone's interested or you know anyone who might be interested, please let us know through myspace or at distributorband@gmail.com

We also take any gig bookings through myspace and gmail as well :)

ok I'm'a shut up now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Sounds brilliant, well done Ian

Thanks a lot man :)

Thanks Ian, sounding awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Sounds pretty, good. Some nice production and at times sounds like Aghora (especially some of the guitar and bass riffs). If you dont mind me saying, not a criticism just an opinion, a slight bit more work on the vocal production would tie the the tracks together a bit better. On 'This is what we built' you can hear the room/booth a bit too much at times. A bit more reverb to push them back slightly but its only a small thing, the dual vocals really sound fantastic in places. This can be the other album I listen to aside from Periphery's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Fair play to ye lads!
    Nice riffage going on there will keep an eye out for ye live.

thanks for the great comments guys

and Moojuice, you're totally right, vocal production is definitely the thing we're working most at, it's pretty difficult for us at the moment because we sort of used a homemade makeshift booth for the recording. It definitely doesn't sound as good as we'd want the vocals to ultimately sound, so yeah I hear what you mean for sure.

Advertisement