Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good copying software?

• 27-08-2009 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forums (Didn't find an apps one)

I have photos on three drives. Some being the same. Is there a good programe to copy one folder onto anther and it only keeps one copy of a duplicate file in it? I know Vista does this but I am wary of it.

Google made matters more complicated that my noggin could handle :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

I'm unsure what you mean. Do you want to have all pics in one folder and have one copy of this folder on a second drive?

If so you can drag and drop the contents of each folder into one folder and a message will come up to replace or ignore copying the duplicate files to that folder. Then to have a copy or back up on a second drive you just drag and drop to the second drive. Does that make sense? You don't need any special copying software. Windows will just copy files itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,975 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

that only looks at names, sedohre. You could have three untitled.jpg's - one picture of a cat, one of a dog and one of a goat. You'd lose two of them under that method.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

You could try Synctoy - download here.

There's a PDF describing how you can use Synctoy for managing images in multiple locations or from multiple sources here which might help you figure out if it'll suit your needs.

Advertisement