Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing names on a lease?

Options
  • 28-08-2009 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Ok so two of my friends and myself signed a years lease in January of this year, moved in feb 2nd, none of us really realised at the time that it was fixed term of a year with no get-out option (our own fault i know). anyway, the two of them are leaving at the end of sept and I'm staying, I have one person to move in (an old friend) and am hoping to get someone for the other room.

What I'm wondering is where do we stand with getting names changed on the lease? The rent goes out of one of the other girls account and presumably the deposit would be refunded to her when we were to move out so I'd have to change the names. Is this likely to pose a problem? We are renting through a letting agent who hasn't been the easiest person to deal with up to now but aside from her not so friendly disposition are we likely to encounter problems?

When we moved in we had to give details of work, landlord references etc, are they likley to look for them for the new people?

I know a lot of this might seem like stupid questions but I'd just like to know what I'm in for if anyone has experienced anything like this before.

Thanks
    JR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

You cant just let new people move in without asking the LL - he has to agree. If he does this then its very straight forward, they just sign a new lease. They will probably ask for all the same information as you were asked for

Advertisement