Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wispa Gold

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

FIRE wrote: »
    The cadbury rep told me today that they have produced 5million bars and thats it.:(

Oh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Thanks for the heads up FIRE I thought they were back for good.

God one today. Was sooo excited.....and it wasn't a patch on my memory of the old one. Bah!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

Oh are they back in shops!!!... can't wait to get one, nicest bars ever... well they used to be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Where can you buy these?!!!!?? I haven't seen them anywhere? :(:(:( *sobs*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I got one in my local shop in Rathmines. Delicious. I really hope that they decide to bring them back permanently.

Now for the Wispa Mint - I really liked those - but then I also like the Mint Feast and other minty things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

I had one of the new Whispa Golds a couple of weeks ago. Devoured. Can't wait for them to be on the shelves, want some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

I had one on monday, It was nice. Not as big as they use to be. the old ones had thicker chocolate and more caramel if I remember correctly. But they do that with all new bars, or relaunchs I think.
    Hopefully they'll bring back smiley bars soon. those were beauts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I had one on monday, It was nice. Not as big as they use to be.

could it have been that you may have been smaller at the time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

mmm Wispa Golds in London, 55p

nyom, nyom,,,aghhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

I need one of these now!!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I loved the original Wispa's and when they brought them back, I bought them in droves.

But had one of the Wispa Gold's today (they were always my favourite) and they're not nearly as nice as they once were! :(

Unfortunate!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

OI.

Now look Basquille I love your Bargain Alerts as much as the next person. In fact, I have bought many and been happy with a lot of your posts.

BUT, I will not have you slagging this! The Wispa Gold is so so nice and im delighted its back. I have bought one everyday for the last week and not regretted it once :P

• Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Take off the rose-tinted glasses, and realise they're not the same though!

And as for FIRE's comment that the Cadbury rep said there's only 5 million bars and that's it, they said the exact same for the normal Wispa. Hardly a shortage of them!

Well I finally managed to get me some Wispa Gold but they just aren't the same as back in the olden days! :( They are still nice but not as delicious as I remember :( Maybe I just had the whole thing hyped up lol so I was only going to be disappointed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Maybe I don't remember Wispa Golds as much as I thought, but I think the new bars are delicious. Everyone keeps saying "they're not the same" but they are as far as I can tell.

Anyway, I'm constantly buying them now. OM NOM NOM.

I think they're the same and I am very much enjoying them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I love them!

I went into Dunnes one Thursday about three weeks ago, discovered they were back and bought two - one for myself and one for a friend who I was going to dinner with that night.

Took it out, come dessert time and presented it to him ... he look wholly unimpressed :(
    He then began complaining about the amount of calories, then opening it, eating half of it, in two bites and saying "ugh."

On the way out, he threw the rest in the bin. I was gutted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Had one the last day and it was gooooood!!! :pac:

• Advertisement

I love them!

I went into Dunnes one Thursday about three weeks ago, discovered they were back and bought two - one for myself and one for a friend who I was going to dinner with that night.

Took it out, come dessert time and presented it to him ... he look wholly unimpressed :(
    He then began complaining about the amount of calories, then opening it, eating half of it, in two bites and saying "ugh."

No way, that's shocking behaviour. No way to treat any chocolate bar, not to mention a Wispa Gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 I.love.it.

I love Wispa..especially Wispa Golds!! Hope they stay around though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

I love them!

you are the best friend ever and he the worst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

efb wrote: »
    mmm Wispa Golds in London, 55p

nyom, nyom,,,aghhhhhh
    Really? I think they're cheaper up here in York. I had one last weekend but wasn't that impressed though, to be honest. I prefer the plain ones.. ... hmph!

Advertisement