Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I remember when a certain ikkle baby boardsie used to be trying to climb into a certain JC mod's backsack every time she took her eye off it! :P :P

Ah come off of it, the internet wasn't around when you were doing the intercert :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I remember when a certain ikkle baby boardsie used to be trying to climb into a certain JC mod's backsack every time she took her eye off it! :P :P
    *correction: TY mod*
    Ah come off of it, the internet wasn't around when you were doing the intercert :p
    Who mentioned me?! :p

I could call witnesses you know! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

How old is Randy:eek::p

theowen wrote: »
    How old is Randy:eek::p
    Old enough to know better; young enough not to care! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

First day of 6th year tomorrow, let's see how it goes. See me predictions for it on...

http://theleaving.wordpress.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Dont start that shít, if you wanna pimp a blog, stick in your sig, but you'll start to annoy people and mods will just start deleting your posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

hahah nice man. funny

Fad wrote: »
    Dont start that shít, if you wanna pimp a blog, stick in your sig, but you'll start to annoy people and mods will just start deleting your posts.

Jeez sorry I forgot you were a Moderator weren't aloud do that...

I'm guessing this happened last year yeah?

I'm guessing this happened last year yeah?

Not as much as you would assume (My post probably came across a bit harsh, but I just got home, I hate shilling and I think I have Swine Flu....)

• Advertisement

Not as much as you would assume (My post probably came across a bit harsh, but I just got home, I hate shilling and I think I have Swine Flu....)
    haha speaking of swine flu, all the secondary schools have new measures to counter act it!

haha speaking of swine flu, all the secondary schools have new measures to counter act it!

Good think I started college yesterday :confused:

(Yes, I know I should be out, but I have an interview tomorrow)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

Reillyman wrote: »
    First day of 6th year tomorrow, let's see how it goes. See me predictions for it on...

http://theleaving.wordpress.com/

reilly man ya buck.....howd you become an author?:D:rolleyes:

Daragh101 wrote: »
    reilly man ya buck.....howd you become an author?:D:rolleyes:

See the thread, Authors Wanted '09/'10...PM yer man if ya wanna write on it.

See the thread, Authors Wanted '09/'10...PM yer man if ya wanna write on it.

ahh no its grand.!

Don't pimp, don't backseat mod, thank you and good night! :)

I'll say this now coz I'm drunk, but fcuk you randylongpusssy, coz all I did was answer his question. If Iam not mistaken this is an OT thread so tbh randy, I cudnt give a ****e.....

/end of rant

The Script were class!:D

I'll say this now coz I'm drunk, but fcuk you randylongpusssy, coz all I did was answer his question. If Iam not mistaken this is an OT thread so tbh randy, I cudnt give a ****e.....

/end of rant

And ...

1) we mentioned above that an off-topic thread does not mean that "anything goes"

2) It was a very gentle reminder that neither shilling of links OR backseating modding are welcome.

So ... when you sober up you can request your access back.

/end of rant

hahahahahahahah.......should have waited in the lounge (chicks:p).....im drunk too so i totally agree!!:eek::D:D:D:D;):rolleyes::(:P:cool::mad:

Folks, please get the message that an off-topic thread is not an "anything goes" thread before I have to hand out any more bans.

• Advertisement

Given that Reillyman has sobered up and apologised, ban reduced to 3 days (in total).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

19f4a676aeff836d450cffc7c4d22ca9721e0250.jpg

@Drunken posting.

This place needs a makeover big time...

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Can i ask what is exactly good about the leaving cert?
    Cos every1 been sayin its a great year

The only good things i can see are:
    1. No more school
    2. Going out the debs etc..
    3. teachers treat u a bit better.

Like to me that is anything to amazin like with all the work you have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

Apparently it's a laugh anyway. I think it's gonna be a very busy year for us, but it'll fly and we'll have more time off than on I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

LovexxLife wrote: »
    Can i ask what is exactly good about the leaving cert?
    Cos every1 been sayin its a great year

The only good things i can see are:
    1. No more school
    2. Going out the debs etc..
    3. teachers treat u a bit better.

Like to me that is anything to amazin like with all the work you have to do.

Everyone grows up a LOT and you get this sense that you're all working together with the same aim....sounds really cheesy but theres more cameraderie than other years, more support etc.

Also most of the bitchiness of younger teenagers is gone, again you find that people are just more friendly and supportive of eachother.

As for the teachers, you'll understand more as the year goes on, but they start to treat you like adults and they feel more like friends than people just there to make you work....instead of demanding that you do something, its more like advising you to do it for your own good. You also realise that they're there to help, as opposed to how you see teachers earlier on in school.

Apparently it's a laugh anyway. I think it's gonna be a very busy year for us, but it'll fly and we'll have more time off than on I'd say.
    Why would you have more time off? If anything you'll be in more because you won't want to miss any classes, plus the after school study!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

Its hard to explain it just is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

ANTIFA! wrote: »
    Its hard to explain it just is great.

ya its wierd ..

for me i actually made a lot of new friends in 6th year through after school study and project work as you all help each other out a lot more

teachers are a lot more lax when it come to h/w etc as its your responsibility now as your aiming for college they cant make you do anything and well the dont!

and theres just more craic in general i think the fact its your last year makes everyone really happy ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

If there's totally non-LC related stuff you want to discuss you dont have to keep it to this one thread, we do have a forum for teenagers called Clearasil and Hormones (don't ask me, I didn't choose the name!) where you can discuss going out and various social stuff if you want somewhere broader than just this thread.

Link's over there <

Advertisement