Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Piste wrote: »
    Clearasil and Hormones (don't ask me, I didn't choose the name!)
    It IS slightly male-oriented all right! :D

(the name, not the forum!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Wassup people! Back from the land of the dead (scary place, try not to go there):D

So how's everyone getting on in the 2nd week of 6th year? Btw, has anyone else noticed there's a massive amount of people repeating, or is it just in my school?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Reillyman wrote: »
    Wassup people! Back from the land of the dead (scary place, try not to go there):D

So how's everyone getting on in the 2nd week of 6th year? Btw, has anyone else noticed there's a massive amount of people repeating, or is it just in my school?

I haven't started 6th year yet because I have an ulcer in my eye and I also have other eye problems which are surfacing thanks to this so I must go into hospital tomorrow and then on Wednesday I must, "go under general anesthetic for treatment" (to quote the doc).

Also yesterday I got two injections in my eye socket which were dangerously close to my eye. It was not a pleasant experience and I do not recommend it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Jako8 wrote: »
    I haven't started 6th year yet because I have an ulcer in my eye and I also have other eye problems which are surfacing thanks to this so I must go into hospital tomorrow and then on Wednesday I must, "go under general anesthetic for treatment" (to quote the doc).

Also yesterday I got two injections in my eye socket which were dangerously close to my eye. It was not a pleasant experience and I do not recommend it. :p
    General anistethic=good fun:) Oh morphine=amazing fun:p

theowen wrote: »

Ya I heard that before. One of my friends brothers was given morphine after an operation, and he decided that he wanted to go out for pints with his mates, hospital gowns, drips and all.:D

Wouldn't mind experiencing it tbh!

• Advertisement

Ya I heard that before. One of my friends brothers was given morphine after an operation, and he decided that he wanted to go out for pints with his mates, hospital gowns, drips and all.:D

Wouldn't mind experiencing it tbh!
    I basically felt stoned, DESTROYED the toast I was given(munchies?).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Should be fun then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

The idea of Morphine sounds lovely, but apparently (As in according to one of my best friends who's had it a couple of times) it makes you really irritatingly itchy.

Will the weekend ever hurry the fcuk up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

its good that we're getting a bit of dry weather for the next week or so :D thank ****,

bad thing is when that spell is over it will probably signal the beginning of winter, i know we don't get deadly summers in irealdn but i love the long days, the short days kill me.

ANTIFA! wrote: »
    its good that we're getting a bit of dry weather for the next week or so :D thank ****,

bad thing is when that spell is over it will probably signal the beginning of winter, i know we don't get deadly summers in irealdn but i love the long days, the short days kill me.
    I like Winter:p

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭sean0

I hate winter.I'm not looking forward to those freezing cold rainy mornings standing at the bus stop carrying my heavy bag in the dark shaking in the cold not able to feel my hands and my lips go all cut and when the bus doesn't come when its supposed to.When the bus finally comes its always packed and if i'm lucky to get a seat its beside some old person who sneezes on me and then goes falls of his chair when the bus makes a sharp turn and I have to help him up. Finally I get to school late drenched in the wet from the rain.I can't hold a pen because my hands are too numb [some DIKHEAD stole my brand new gloves last year].

This year i plan on getting more sleep so the mornings will be a bit easier and go and buy some gloves.

Just studied a power of Economics and feeling mighty good about it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 baller06

the thing i love most about the LC is watching all the people who were bragging about how little study they did in junior cert trying to sound non-chalant because it was "just the junior cert" and now they`re struggling because they dont kno what to do when it does matter and they`re pissin their pants because everyone else has some clue of what needs to be done.Good luck in tesco lads!

Just studied a power of Economics and feeling mighty good about it!:D
    hour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

baller06 wrote: »
    the thing i love most about the LC is watching all the people who were bragging about how little study they did in junior cert trying to sound non-chalant because it was "just the junior cert" and now they`re struggling because they dont kno what to do when it does matter and they`re pissin their pants because everyone else has some clue of what needs to be done.Good luck in tesco lads!

+1:D

and i also get to work in tesco as well as college mwhaha

hour?

No "a power" as in a lot...

eg. I had a power of beer lastnight...

baller06 wrote: »

Haha, says the man who wished he hadn't done as much as he had for the JC:D

Anyone else not arsed to do their homework? I always find past wednesday I get nothing done...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I'm the same! Got grand study done one Monday and Tuesday, did a bit on wednesday, and I haven't done anything today. Just too exhausted.

No "a power" as in a lot...

eg. I had a power of beer lastnight...
    That's surely a country phrase:p

Kersmash wrote: »
    I'm the same! Got grand study done one Monday and Tuesday, did a bit on wednesday, and I haven't done anything today. Just too exhausted.
    What ye gonna do when Saturday study comes around:rolleyes:

I'll get back into it tomorrow. Should be starting after school study soon, and that'll help!

That's surely a country phrase:p

Well I dunno? Maybe its just not a Dublin thing?:rolleyes:

I've never heard anyone say it either! Must be a thing out Wescht.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Kersmash wrote: »
    I've never heard anyone say it either! Must be a thing out Wescht.

Totally is not! :mad::(

Never heard it either...must just be a Reillyman thing :confused::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

Totally is not! :mad::(

Never heard it either...must just be a Reillyman thing :confused::p

I totally agree! never heard the likes!:D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

never heard it down shouth anyway, but i do like it.... a power

...when in rome

is that the right time to use it?

• Advertisement