Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I always run out of time on essays, I don't understand how they expect us to write a decent well developed story in under an hour. I always end up realising half way into the plot that I'm never going to finish it in time and then I have to end it abruptly with something stupid like "...and then he woke up and it was all a dream!"
    *Headdesk*

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

Lawliet wrote: »
    and then he woke up and it was all a dream!"
    *Headdesk*
    Got me through some tough essays up until the JC:D

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Reillyman wrote: »
    How many words/A4 pages do ye think is appropriate for the English paper 1 essay?:confused:

1000 words according to our teacher?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

theowen wrote: »
    Hmmm nice idea:rolleyes: What would it be called:p
    The lunchroom :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

How many words/A4 pages do ye think is appropriate for the English paper 1 essay?:confused:

I only got two pages on the day of my exam. I nearly cried coming out of it. But in the end I got 75 marks out of 100, so it wasn't THAT much of a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Stryderman wrote: »
    Maybe you would get it done faster if you were offline?:rolleyes:

Hmm, never thought about that!:D

So how did it go?

Not too bad, only managed about 3 1/2 pages though:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

Is St.Geralds Aidan O'Sheas school and is he repeating(he said he might in Irish Times)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Bollocksbollocksbollocks. Had a busy weekend. Gotta do an english essay now. I HATE YOU RICH. FÚCCCCK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Kersmash wrote: »
    Bollocksbollocksbollocks. Had a busy weekend. Gotta do an english essay now. I HATE YOU RICH. FÚCCCCK.
    Procrastination=the enemy:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Finished! Oh, sleep I have missed you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

paddy978 wrote: »
    Is St.Geralds Aidan O'Sheas school and is he repeating(he said he might in Irish Times)

ya it is...dont think he is repeating doh.

It's actually Aiden Walsh that's repeating, might be where the confusion came from.

It's actually Aiden Walsh that's repeating, might be where the confusion came from.

No aiden o shea was supposed to repeat but he must have decided not to in the end!

Ya I know, dissapointed tbh, <childish> was lookin' forward to throwin' some papers at him or something to that effect:p </childish>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

I presume ye are on about Mayo footballer who writes for Irish Teams during exams because I am

Yes the legend himself:rolleyes:

Ya I know, dissapointed tbh, <childish> was lookin' forward to throwin' some papers at him or something to that effect:p </childish>

what is with "childish"

I presume ye are on about Mayo footballer who writes for Irish Teams during exams because I am

Ya!

• Advertisement

Daragh101 wrote: »
    what is with "childish"

I meant "throwin' papers at him" is childish...

he wouldn't mind. He'd probably autograph them for you:D

Damn you Kerins, I was doing great work until ya started botherin' me.:p

BTW the e-xamit website is unreal for answers to the exam questions in the EdCo papers:D

I meant "throwin' papers at him" is childish...
    well technically you are a child u18:P

Daragh101 wrote: »
    well technically you are a child u18:P

Haha, being childish is nothing to do with being u-18 ya cunt:D

And btw I prefer the term, "adolescent":pac:

anyone going watchin Derren Brown this week? you think he actually will make people stick to their seats???:eek:

anyone going watchin Derren Brown this week? you think he actually will make people stick to their seats???:eek:

Defo goin to watch that, wonder what "clips" he's going to show to make it happen:confused:

the pressure is definetly on him after his "controversial" explaination of the lottery prediction stunt(which i still believe was done by camera trickery) but if he pulls this one off i'll never doubt him again!

the pressure is definetly on him after his "controversial" explaination of the lottery prediction stunt(which i still believe was done by camera trickery) but if he pulls this one off i'll never doubt him again!

when is this on?

• Advertisement

not sure but I think it could be friday? i'm probably wrong so don't take my word for it!

Advertisement