Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Off-Topic Thread

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

jumpguy wrote: »
    I do that if I constantly get it wrong and just get impatient with the bloody thing. I hate though doing all that work and getting the wrong answer. Makes me angry, so it does.

meh... one try and Im done.
    Im kinda lazy in that regard.

Speaking of maths, This alpha and beta stuff is seriously wtf! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    Please don't tell us the others, you're a moderator and supposed to be setting a good example ... >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Papa Fad is not pleased.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Jaysus lads, I go away for a week and come back to see the thread gone to the forgotten pages, shame on ye all!:p

Anyone going to the NUIG open days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Fad wrote: »
    Yep!

People need to be completely clear with that, once you get offered a course, everything below that in your list of preference is cancelled out. If you get an offer, you have one choice*, whether to accept it or not. You do not get a number of offers.

*(Well two, if you have an level 6/7s down, but not everyone does)

Actually on the vague subject of rechecks did you get anything looked at yourself? I've been reading your blog for awhile and there's someone who looks extremely like you in my maths lectures at TCD

Craguls wrote: »
    Actually on the vague subject of rechecks did you get anything looked at yourself? I've been reading your blog for awhile and there's someone who looks extremely like you in my maths lectures at TCD

Nope, getting 435 was too much a fluke to start messing around with rechecks :pac:. Still in UCD (As I am in UCD right now, not doing the computer science assignment I should be doing.......) and fairly happy with it.

Nope, getting 435 was too much a fluke to start messing around with rechecks :pac:. Still in UCD (As I am in UCD right now, not doing the computer science assignment I should be doing.......) and fairly happy with it.

Ah cool! I probably would've ended up there myself had the early morning northside to southside commute via the city centre taken less than 2 hours each way.

I'd say it's a better atmosphere anyway TCD science is full of people who got good HPAT results but fell down on the leaving cert points. Course is cool, but I've yet to meet anyway who's said other than well I had Human Health and Disease first BUT.....

I'd say it's a better atmosphere anyway TCD science is full of people who got good HPAT results but fell down on the leaving cert points. Course is cool, but I've yet to meet anyway who's said other than well I had Human Health and Disease first BUT.....

There's a certain person in your year now, who is in that very situation, whom I never ever want to see again :) (I thought he was repeating....) UCD is nice, but there are A LOT of people here, so getting to know people is a bit of an issue, I'm working on it though :)

No swimming pool though.......

• Advertisement

There's a certain person in your year now, who is in that very situation, whom I never ever want to see again :)

We all seem to have one of those!
    No swimming pool though.......

No lake :pac:

We all seem to have one of those!

No lake :pac:

Still glad he didnt get Med though.....almost happy to not go to the college I wanted for the benefit to the Irish Medical system........

We have two lakes >_>

and a 157 euro fee every year for a Student centre I will never see...... :(

Still glad he didnt get Med though.....almost happy to not go to the college I wanted for the benefit to the Irish Medical system........

We have two lakes >_>

and a 157 euro fee every year for a Student centre I will never see...... :(

I know what you mean one of the medicine for the social status gang then?

There's actually talk of us getting something similar done in the next few years too but I fail to see the point of it. We've a smaller few buildings that do the same thing depending on what part of the campus your in. I would've figured you guys were the same, but I suppose it's a reason to build a pool as any.

I know what you mean one of the medicine for the social status gang then?

There's actually talk of us getting something similar done in the next few years too but I fail to see the point of it. We've a smaller few buildings that do the same thing depending on what part of the campus your in. I would've figured you guys were the same, but I suppose it's a reason to build a pool as any.

No, he's just a total plank :D

We have one (also two, possibly three bars.....) but apparently it's not enough. But it could be worse, I could be paying fees this year......

No, he's just a total plank :D

We have one (also two, possibly three bars.....) but apparently it's not enough. But it could be worse, I could be paying fees this year......

True that, although TCDSU seems to think they've almost won the war by convincing the Greens. Horrah to being cynical! *realises he's become a typical TCD boardsie :eek:*

True that, although TCDSU seems to think they've almost won the war by convincing the Greens. Horrah to being cynical! *realises he's become a typical TCD boardsie :eek:*

I soend more time on the TCD board than most other boards........

I soend more time on the TCD board than most other boards........

Likewise, although I've started branching out of my lurking rather than posting shell a lot lately and I've begun to spend more time on Clearasil and Hormones.

Damn boards being like heroin:mad:

Likewise, although I've started branching out of my lurking rather than posting shell a lot lately and I've begun to spend more time on Clearasil and Hormones.

Damn boards being like heroin:mad:

I stopped lurking after I won an award for lurking......

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I stopped lurking after I won an award for lurking......

lurk.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

How are the midterm exams going for ye guys and gals? I'm pretty fecked, two or three tests today will be absolutely horrible and there's no way around them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I got my CAO form today :(
    Luckily i've only a few little midterm tests nothing major.. Teachers keep talking about Christmas tests though eek :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I'd English, Maths, Irish and Business tests toda. They all went alright. OUr business teacher gave us ridiculously long questionns though, didn't get close to finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

Kersmash wrote: »
    I'd English, Maths, Irish and Business tests toda. They all went alright. OUr business teacher gave us ridiculously long questionns though, didn't get close to finishing.

Really? I just wrote loads (loads of spoof mind you, I didn't know much!) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Dreamt last night I woke up late for my English Paper 1 Leaving Exam. I was 10 minutes late and not allowed in. I was so relieved when I woke up. If that ever happened to me in real life...I dunno what I'd do.

Bit early to be dreaming about the LC though...

Really? I just wrote loads (loads of spoof mind you, I didn't know much!) :p

I think I spent too long on the first long question which left me with not enough time for the rest. Yeah, mine was total waffle! Making it up as I went along like.

Anyone awake? My sleep schedule is fúcked. Monday will be horrible.

jumpguy wrote: »
    Dreamt last night I woke up late for my English Paper 1 Leaving Exam. I was 10 minutes late and not allowed in. I was so relieved when I woke up. If that ever happened to me in real life...I dunno what I'd do.

Bit early to be dreaming about the LC though...

You'll have those dreams early into July when you do the real thing.
    Oh if it's any consolation your usually let in up to a half hour after the exam starts if you're late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Think it's time we got this started up again!

I'm sickened after losing money (3rd year in a row) on the superbowl...
    So I've decided to have a productive night and do an all-nighter and catch up on some of my DCG project!

• Advertisement
Advertisement