Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing repeat exams

• 28-08-2009 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I had to repeat 4 exams ( 2 i grades and 2 fails). I'm not happy with how i've done in the repeats and really don't think I've passed any of them. What happens if I fail them? Do I have to repeat the whole year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

I think you can redo the year only having to do the modules you failed on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

What about this link-in module option.
    I think I failed one of my repeats. Is it possible for me to carry it on to second year? And if so, do I get a grant by doing this?

Had to say it, and didn't want to make a new thread but I've passed!!
    One thing worries me, I have a QCA of over 2.00 but I still have a D1.
    I've still passed, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Had to say it, and didn't want to make a new thread but I've passed!!
    One thing worries me, I have a QCA of over 2.00 but I still have a D1.
    I've still passed, right?

Yep you've passed, congrats! By the way how did you get your resultss? I though igrade and repeat results weren't out until next Monday the 7th?

Yep you've passed, congrats! By the way how did you get your resultss? I though igrade and repeat results weren't out until next Monday the 7th?

www.ul.ie >> Current Students >> Online Student Records >> View My CV >> Education >> Scroll Down!

Thank you and Best of Luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

congrats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Looked for my own i-grade there and it's not up, ah well might have to wait a few more days!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Yeah I cant get into my CV because of grading. Damn thought I was gonna get a bita early relief!

Apparantly the backdoor to check your results has now been taken down. It was only there for about an hour last night. Rest of yiz gotta wait 'til the 7th unfortunately. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Just wondering, what is the story with this link-in craic? Can you do the semester you should have been doing, and a repeat module, or do you just have to stay back and do the one module. If I have to repeat anything it'll be just one module, which is a balls, especially since my results for the rest of the modules in that semester were pretty decent anyway in the first place.

• Advertisement

The Lopper wrote: »
    Just wondering, what is the story with this link-in craic? Can you do the semester you should have been doing, and a repeat module, or do you just have to stay back and do the one module. If I have to repeat anything it'll be just one module, which is a balls, especially since my results for the rest of the modules in that semester were pretty decent anyway in the first place.

AFAIK, it's possible to link in some modules. If you can link in your module you get your grant ect. If not, then you have to repeat just that module and get no grant ect.
    I would actually vomit if I had to repeat one module for the year. 2 - 4 hours a week. Yuck!

Tell me about it, and paying full whack for that extra semester or whatever would be an added kick in the stones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

If you fail a repeat, you have to repeat that module on it's own.

For example, if you passed all of semester 1 last year but failed 1 exam from semester 2 and failed it again in the repeat, you will have no college this year until January.
    Then you will do just that module for the second semester.

That's what a link in means, you then continue on to the next year with the next group doing your course (provided you pass obviously). I think the fee for a link in is around €600 per module, not 100% on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

JoseJones wrote: »
    If you fail a repeat, you have to repeat that module on it's own.

For example, if you passed all of semester 1 last year but failed 1 exam from semester 2 and failed it again in the repeat, you will have no college this year until January.
    Then you will do just that module for the second semester.

That's what a link in means, you then continue on to the next year with the next group doing your course (provided you pass obviously). I think the fee for a link in is around €600 per module, not 100% on that.

I assume if you dont get a letter from UL tomorrow, you sud have passed the repeats yes!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

they really do cut it close done they. i mean only giving out results on the day that you have to start your next year? stress much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

I assume if you dont get a letter from UL tomorrow, you sud have passed the repeats yes!?

Not necessarily, I think when I failed a repeat two years ago I didn't get any letter until the week the results were out. I vaguely remember running around campus like a madman trying to find out what would happen since I failed one.

It is a bit ridiculous that they're only released the day you're supposed to start your next year. For me, I was already back in Limerick and moved into my house etc. and then found out I would have no college until after Christmas. Luckily I found a job very quickly, I don't think there will be that many people finding jobs as quick this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tones66

Does anyone know is that definite that we wouldnt get a letter today saying if we failed or not??

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

You can get your repeat results by viewing your Full Student Transcript. It looks like the results appear in place of your original grade, not in the seperate section for the repeats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Ya the results on the transcript are real

Yahoo, passed!! What's the story with paying fees, is it this Friday or the Friday after, as usual www.ul.ie is difficult to glean information from...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 starfish1

passed aswell thank heavens!I think fees can be paid until 18th september but i'm not 100% sure on that

Advertisement