Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMX trails jam invite- Photo session

• 28-08-2009 2:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭

I posted something like this a while back when there was another BMX trails session happening. A few members from here turned up and seemed to have a good time and got some good photos.
    It's happening on September 13th and kicks off about 1 or 2pm I guess. There's beers, BBQ, music, maybe fancy dress, big dirt jumps, big tricks and a good fun.
    If anyone is interested in going PM me and I'll give you the location. I don't want to post it opely as the guys who built these have put nearly 2 years of hard work digging these jumps by hand and don't want the location openly known on a forum somewhere.
    Here are some pictures of the jumps....

2985708800_11de6d0bb9.jpg

3324776624_c8a5bf0367.jpg

3324813462_d36b6b60ca.jpg

3324741349_a7a1ee9d33.jpg

3585771583_924b67c0f7.jpg

2892513421_49a8acba7d.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Money/College permitting I think ill hit this up again.. might be interesting if I have all my new gear..!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Raging I missed this the last time! Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

I would love to attend, depending where I am in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I might tag along to this, can you PM me the details.

I promise I won't lie under a bench :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

If this is this side of the Liffey ie Northside it sounds good. :p

PM'd ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Pmd you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I might head along. Sounds and looks very interesting. I'll PM you when I know if I'm free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Thats cool Sinead, I'll PM you the location anyway so you'll have it. It looks like there's going to be a good few photogs this time around. I'd consider the place to be low-ish light with all the tree cover, so it can be a bit tough to shoot sometimes. When the sun gets low in the afternoon it does come through the trees nicely.
    It can get a bit cold too because its in the shade so bring a jumper/jacket too. It's not really affected by rain either, its mostly dry at the jumps regardless of what the weather is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yeah bring a jacket/hoody with you even if its boiling out, it was lovely the last time and I was still cold.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

You should check out victor Lucas's shots from that place. Very cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

I love to go, but I wont know if im off work til 3/4 days beforehand. So can I pm you closer to the time when I know for sure?

Yeah thats no bother Jemmy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

It was fantastic, apart from one detail, that the last rider dud the dirt with open fracture of his forearm, about two meters in front of me. And I shot my usual 16GB of snaps, so yes, I will try my best to get there too.
    And batteries are on me this time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

pm'd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

ThOnda wrote: »
    It was fantastic, apart from one detail, that the last rider dud the dirt with open fracture of his forearm, about two meters in front of me. And I shot my usual 16GB of snaps, so yes, I will try my best to get there too.
    And batteries are on me this time ;)

Thonda, you could get some cross-country longboarding in. You learned how to stop yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

What an amazing looking course. I wont be able to make it to the one on the 13th as already something planned but would love to head to the next one.

... You learned how to stop yet?

:D Yes, the longboard stops immediately and I continue carrying all the momentum or otherwise. I will have my board in the car, so if there is opportunity, I'll be able to ride it later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Can't make it bcoz of work but thanks. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Thanks for the invitation pete, I had a great time today (even so I had to leave early).

I have a few pictures from today attached. It was the first time shooting BMX and some C&C would be appreciated.

First a normal one
    3917470778_f282892589.jpg

Then a few were I played around with slow shutter speeds and 2nd curtain flash

3916698683_cec89cc613.jpg

3916689661_3e44ce17ac.jpg

3916655255_e2ba58cffc.jpg

And finally a ghost rider I captured by accident

3916669427_59d96190fc.jpg

That was today and not on Saturday? DOH!!!! :eek:

• Advertisement

Yeah was today Thonda. Was good meeting more boardsies. There were alot of people down there today...not so many riding....we had a MASSIVE ghetto street jam in Tallaght yesterday so everyone was feeling a bit tender from the party last night....Ghetto street Jam photos going up on my Flickr as I type!

They're pretty good shots too. The light in the woods there is a nightmare to deal with. I got one shot while I was there. I didn't have the energy to stand around waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭chevron

ahh bugger. im normally in tallaght and missed this yesterday :(

Advertisement