Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aion - Open Beta

Options
  • 28-08-2009 6:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Aion has now entering the open beta stage.

You get get teh client here -> http://na.aiononline.com/en/news/open-beta-client-now-available-for-download.html

Since I figured it might be worth having a subforum for it I stuck a request in for it here. If it doesn't work out want ever posts can be merged back into the main forum. I'm working here on the basis that it takes a few weeks to get a forum approved or not :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Not starting till the 6th of September though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Yeah, though with an 8 gig download its worth getting preparing ahead of teh queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

Hopefully they've figured out their client server problems, first few hours of the closed beta download i was getting max 34kb/s, seemed to be a pretty widespread problem:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

The download I was directed to was for the US beta too, hope it doesnt decide it needs a full new download when eventually EU servers go live. Download worked out at like 400-550kbs for me btw a few days ago (probably off peak since beta access wasnt open).

I'd say unless they can patch the US client everyone with EU accounts will have to download the whole thing again

• Advertisement

From what i've read the US clients and EU clients are exactly the same, so you can play on European servers using the US client provided the ncsoft launcher is set to Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭hk797

Xyo wrote: »
    From what i've read the US clients and EU clients are exactly the same, so you can play on European servers using the US client provided the ncsoft launcher is set to Europe.

Confirmed by Sebastian Streiffert, Europe Community Manager for Aion, via twitter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anyone got a spare key by chance? :)
    Id love to try this out, a few wow guildies have and give it the thunbs up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Dcully wrote: »
    Anyone got a spare key by chance? :)
    Id love to try this out, a few wow guildies have and give it the thunbs up.
    Fileplanet are giving out key tomorrow, so it should be fairly handy to get one.

Sweet thanks Rev.

• Advertisement

Downloaded and installed, just checked fileplanet to seek out a key but it says they are mailing keys to subscribers today.
    Im registered but not a subscriber, i wonder will they offer more to the public later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

make sure you torrent the installer as the download client is pants

jaggeh wrote: »
    make sure you torrent the installer as the download client is pants

Yeah i had to leave it overnight for the closed beta, havent done that since the grand old days of 56k:D

The main page of the Aion website says we can get open beta keys from a host of sites now but i dont see any offering them ,any ideas folks?

http://eu.aiononline.com/uk/news/eu-open-beta-keys-now-available.html

Try filefront, they tend to have pretty decent speeds

http://www.filefront.com/14444739/Aion-Open-Beta-Client/

Edit: oops thought you were looking for the client, didnt read the post properly:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 romdjoll

After two pointless and non-functional downloads from FP, I got the client from Gamershell, and it works. Trouble is, I'd given up on it, until I got to try it for a while in a mate's house last night, and never bothered to get a key.

Have spent all morning going from site to site looking for one, been registering on French, Dutch, Italian, German sites all in hopes of getting a key....and all to no avail. So if any good samaritan with a spare key is reading this - want to make a girl's day and pm me with it?

I has cookies : )

• Registered Users Posts: 24 romdjoll

Heh, scratch that, just got one from the Spanish site, knew my lingusitics degree would come in handy someday. *skips off whistling merrily*

If I get another key from somewhere else I registered (ya never know, these things can happen!), I'll post so someone else can benefit from it.

I havent had much game time to play , just came home this evening hoping to get some aion in but i cant login.
    Anyone else having issues?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was able to log in 30 mins ago. No issues for me.

I dont think i'm going to play anymore of the beta tbh. I want to experience it properly when its actually released, without thinking that i have to rush through some of the content to get to where i was. May mess around with some other characters, but i'm fairly sure im going to pick a Ranger on release anyway.

Yeah i managed to log in afterwards.
    I dont think ill play too much more of the beta either, like yourself i want it fresh when i play for real.

• Advertisement

I'm the same, I played it until I decided on a class (cleric) and gona wait till the game starts for real.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Only got around to playing this for a short while last night, tried out a warrior to level 5. Was pretty impressed and am now looking forward to release. Would have liked to try out the other classes so I knew what my first main would be, but at least it'll be still very fresh when playing for real.

Advertisement