If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had any reliability problems with Philips LCD ? e.g. 42PFL9664

Options
  • 28-08-2009 7:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,

I'm interested in the the Philips 42PFL9664, but I know some people that bought Philips TV's in the past (5 years ago) & had a fair few reliability issues.

Is this still the case with the current crop of Philips LCD's ? :confused:
    I'd appreciate anyone's input before I spend the money.

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

gicker1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm interested in the the Philips 42PFL9664, but I know some people that bought Philips TV's in the past (5 years ago) & had a fair few reliability issues.

Is this still the case with the current crop of Philips LCD's ? :confused:
    I'd appreciate anyone's input before I spend the money.

Thanks.:)

Gicker,

Thanks for the post - in our experience Philips have about the same number of issues as the other top end manufacturers and considerably less than many manufacturers.

However in particular with the 42PFL9664 we are now able to offer a 5 year warranty from Monday included in our pricing so hopefully this will ease any worrries.

Thanks again for the post and please don't hesitate to drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

Have you seen the latest What Hi-Fi review of the 9664 by the way?

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭belmulletman

Hi John,
    I just got my 9664 7 days ago from Ash. Would it be possible to get the 5 Year Warranty added to my purchase? Please?!

Thanks So Much,
    Tony R.

(p.s. I've owned Philips TV's for years, and I have to say, this is easily the best one I've every owned. I LOVE it, thanks again, T.)

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Hi John,
    I just got my 9664 7 days ago from Ash. Would it be possible to get the 5 Year Warranty added to my purchase? Please?!

ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

If they get it I want it to! :p

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi John,

Thanks So Much,
    Tony R.

(p.s. I've owned Philips TV's for years, and I have to say, this is easily the best one I've every owned. I LOVE it, thanks again, T.)

Belmullet, IRL, Hick,

Thanks for the nice comments about the 42PFL9664's and I'm glad you guys are enjoying them!

I have sent you all a PM re. the warranty - ;)

Thanks as ever,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭candyman

Hey John - What's your best price on the 9664?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

candyman wrote: »
    Hey John - What's your best price on the 9664?

I'd also like a price please including delivery to Dublin 15 if possible?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭builder22

kyub wrote: »
    I'd also like a price please including delivery to Dublin 15 if possible?

thanks

Me too but I’m thinking more of a xmas purchase - need to save up in these crunch times:).

What would the impact be in waiting until around the xmas and would the 5 year warranty still be available?
    Also this would need to be delivered to Co. Limerick.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shaun1952

Hi i am from England ,do you send tvs to here if yes can i have a price on the 47 9664 please ,this is my first post so i dont know the rules ,i hope ths is ok

Shaun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash

Hi all! Thanks for the questions!

Candyman, Kyub, builder22 - I've PM'd you guys prices and info about Delivery.

Shaun1952 - Welcome to boards and to the Richersounds forum! I have PM'd (private messaged) you the info about delivery and cost to England. Just give me a shout with any further queries.

Thanks a million, Nicola.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.