Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Incorrectly locked.

Options
  • 28-08-2009 8:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hello,

I was posting in the following thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055664604

It is titled Censorship and Control of Views

I was about to make a post last night when the thread became locked.

The statement by the Admin, Buffybot, was that "As the OP's post in Help Desk has now been approved, this thread seems to have zero point "

This is factualy incorrect and therefor the thread should be unlocked to allow the discussion to continue :)

The OPs thread was not about a help desk post being missing or not approved (thought that was mentioned at the start) but about the fact that posts in the help Desk were now pre moderated.
    It was a thread looking for feedback on the site and how it is run and the best way to run it in the future. The OP even made a suggestion at the end of their post.

See..

OP " It seems now members are not even allowed to post to a Help Desk thread without a moderators approval. Boards.ie seems to not want to allow any views unless they are now “approved” by moderators, which is seems to indicate that the site is becoming less and less open and valuable.

Perhaps this exciting development should be extended to all other forums, to avoid any views being expressed which are not in accordance with those approved by moderators.

I was enjoying the discussion and would like to continue it. The mods seem to be getting the thin end of the stick!

If for some reason there is another reason found to not allow the discussion to continue could someone kindly insert the post below that I bothered writing into the thread, above the Admins comment incorrect reason for locking the thread..

Thanks.

"
    orestes wrote: »
    Doesn't work, we tried it before. Read this thread for the ultimate example of how it can all go horribly wrong:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055121460

The current system isn't broken, that's why it's used

Mods would generally understand why their post wasn't approved after reading the thread and the admins posts in it, sometimes we can inadvertantly muddy the water and do more harm than good (we are human after all). Users will have all of their posts to a thread they start approved regardless since the forum is there for them to voice their concerns.

Hi the thread you linked to is in feedback and anyone can post there? We are discussing the Help desk were they can not? So the example is not in context.

The Help desk system is or was that a user could post in the help desking knowing that the masses could not get involved and that only people with prior admin approval could respond in the thread.

What was wrong with that system?

Why all this pre approved posting? And maybe I did read all the other posts in this thread wrong but you are now saying that ALL the ops posts will be approveded but maybe not the mods? Seems very unfair on the mods imo
    orestes wrote: »
    Users will have all of their posts to a thread they start approved regardless since the forum is there for them to voice their concerns.

Very unfair on the mods and now with more added weirdness! "

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Admin decision is final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭The End Of Days

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Admin decision is final.

Hey there Berutiael. Thank you for your answer sir.

I was worried I may have been wrong :)

I appreciate you taking the time out to reply.

Advertisement