Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Straights and feed bins

• 28-08-2009 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi everyone,

This may be a silly question but can anyone tell me what straights can be pumped into a feed bin? I have an auger at the bottom so it would have to flow through this also

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

You could put anything in but the problem is will it come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mooverlive

make sure bin is empty b4 u fill it ,if its going to feeders best to put them filling after the bin is filled , guys on the trucks usually tell u to do it that way

• Registered Users Posts: 39 sobs

Thanks
    What can I put in the bin other than processed nuts that I can auger out? Wont be going to feed bins. I want to supplement the feed over the winter as I don't think the silage quality will be the best. I only cut silage a few weeks ago and made round bales. They only got a few hours wilting. There is still effluent flowing from them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mooverlive

check out my post value for money feeding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

once bin is dry inside anything wheat barley maize meal soya
    If wheat is milled like flour you might have to hit bin with timber post or something to get it to fall down as its so fine it will bridge in bin and if feeding or moving it outside on a windy day you will look like a snowman:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

my augers are 20 years old and quite tempermental but stupid lorry driver put some one else coarse ration into my meal bin .... 10 tonne of it :eek: they worked a treat and the cows loved it kept them quiet as it took longer to eat it i was shocked

Advertisement