Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheque Presentation.....

• 28-08-2009 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Looking for ideas....:confused::confused:

Just got a phone call to cover a cheque presentation tonight of funds raised for a local charity. Easy you might think but at the end the editor said to "Jazz" it up a bit. Try to get away from the usual "firing squad line up" in front to the big cheque. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Something to ponder for the rest of Friday.... all ideas gratefully received....:D :D:D

Henna

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

What are is the charity in?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 henna

The charity is in connection with Diabetes...

Can't give a lot of info on who's involved, etc, at this stage.....

Henna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

ideai.jpg

Could get them to place the big cheque on the ground you stand over them a take a shot like that... check out my mspaint skills for the end result !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

do you know how many people are involved in the cheque presentation ?

will you have a logo type backdrop ? what way is the lighting in the presentation area ?

Couple of suggestions:

- Shoot it from overhead (find a stairway)
    - shoot it straight on - the normal (Firing Squad) shot ... you'd be surprised that they might use that anyway.
    - get the cheque pointed towards camera - with (assuming 2-3people) ...with 2-3 people in the background
    - shoot with off camera flash (different poses)
    - pic with the cheque in the backbround of the people involved
    - with the cheque vertical - get the giver/receiver to pop their heads up over the cheque.

Well done so far Guys..

Excellent idea Chorcai.. Was thinking of a slight variation of your idea myself..

PCPhoto:
    Don't know the amount of people involved..anything from 5 to 20..

Lighting will be Camera Flash..

No Stairway in Building...all flat...but good suggestion
    Straight on will probably be the first shot just to get it in the bag...
    The next four are excellent ideas..will try the one with the cheque angled and the one with two or three of the principles with their heads looking down over the cheque.

Excellent stuff guys..well done...:D :D:D:D

Henna

• Advertisement

Or a Bardy bunch style, get them to hide behind the cheque then pop their heads out from all sides could be funny !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

with a big bunch ..... get two or three "main" people ..... with presentation - and get the rest to stand in the background.

with no stairs ..... maybe a chair or something to give you an elevated view - or a small ladder (if available)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Depending on the size of the cheque (physical not monetary) you could try to rig it so that the legs below the cheque do not match the heads above. Maybe even one set facing backwards.

Some very good ideas coming through from everybody....:D :D:D:D

A lot of food for thought and if some are not usable for this presentation they definitely could be used for future presentations down the line... :cool: :cool:

I'll have to do a few sketches like Chorcai and file them away for future reference so that I can dig them out again before the next cheque presentation.

(I'm still thinking about how to set-up CabanSail's idea..:confused::confused:..I can think of a few ways but I don't think the subjects would appreciate it and the legality might be in question..;) ;).. but what a shot if it worked..:eek:..Thanks)

Hopefully no more boring cheque presentation shots ever again.........:) :):)

Thanks for all the ideas Guys...
    Henna

henna wrote: »
    Some very good ideas coming through from everybody....:D :D:D:D

A lot of food for thought and if some are not usable for this presentation they definitely could be used for future presentations down the line... :cool: :cool:

I'll have to do a few sketches like Chorcai and file them away for future reference so that I can dig them out again before the next cheque presentation.

(I'm still thinking about how to set-up CabanSail's idea..:confused::confused:..I can think of a few ways but I don't think the subjects would appreciate it and the legality might be in question..;) ;).. but what a shot if it worked..:eek:..Thanks)

Hopefully no more boring cheque presentation shots ever again.........:) :):)

Thanks for all the ideas Guys...
    Henna

I can do mspaints for you but it's goin to €€€€€ :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

henna wrote: »

There is an easy way. Have the cheque secured so it does not move & camera on a tripod. Get a few shots with different people & then combine them in post production.

We'll have to get a pic of the cheque being handed over though......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.....Any takers...??? :D:D (Sorry CabanSail..comment meant for Chorcai..)
    I can do mspaints for you but it's goin to €€€€€ ]

CabanSail wrote: »
    There is an easy way. Have the cheque secured so it does not move & camera on a tripod. Get a few shots with different people & then combine them in post production.

Thanks CabanSail but picture editors tend to frown on this sort of thing and probably wouldn't use it... Might be an entry for a competition though...:) :)

OK - Did not know where it would be used. I am trying to think of the mechanics of it now myself.

Advertisement