Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester Utd V Arsenal PL

• 28-08-2009 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

So the big one is here already.
    Looking forward to a great game.
    Fabregas out.:(
    Rosicky back to fitness but reports say he won't play.

Utd's first time against Arsenal without Ronaldo, but i expect Rooney Berb & Owen to make up for that.

Any predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i heard fab is 50/50 for the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

United will be to strong. 3-1 Utd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

I'll take those chances.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Looking forward to this one.

Arsenal have had a great start but this is our first real test and we're without Fab playing United (again)

United have had a stuttery start but will be riding high after demolishing Wigan last week.

I'm gonna say 2-2 with Bendtner and Arshavin getting the Arsenal goals

Vermaelen has come out to say he's not worried about Rooney.
    Very brave guy, your real test starts now Tommy!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

gonna be a tight one , i expect man utd to win but arsenal are playin well , especially that arsahvin fella what a player he is , wonder would they swap him for park :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Fab 50-50
    Arsenal fans will discover if their team can truly put up a realistic title challenge when they visit Old Trafford to take on champions Manchester United on Saturday.
    The Gunners were thought by many to be the team most susceptible to succumb to the challenge of mega rich Manchester City, with their top four place supposedly in jeopardy this season.
    Such a prediction now seems well wide of the mark with Arsene Wenger's men winning all four of their opening games this term, scoring 15 goals in the process.
    But Arsenal know the real work begins this weekend when two of the 'big four' meet for the first time this season.
    The Red Devils have history for bringing their London rivals back down to earth. Goals from Ruud van Nistelrooy and Wayne Rooney put an end to Arsenal's 49-game unbeaten run in 2004 while United's thumping 4-1 semi-final aggregate win over the Gunners last season ended any hopes Wenger had of lifting the UEFA Champions League.
    However the Frenchman will take comfort from the fact that the sting that accompanied many of the two sides' previous encounters down the years has disappeared.
    Easy on the eye

Gone are the ferocious personalities such as Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira, instead replaced by the composed and easy on the eye talents of Dimitar Berbatov, Michael Carrick, Cesc Fabregas and Andrey Arshavin.
    However the Gunners' influential skipper is only 50-50 to make the trip, with the hamstring injury he picked up in the 4-1 win over Portsmouth last weekend still hindering his progress.
    Tomas Rosicky has now fully recovered from his long-term hamstring injury but he is expected to miss out at the Theatre of Dreams.
    Aaron Ramsey, who could be an option to replace Fabregas, has had a scan on his knee after suffering in the Celtic clash in midweek. Although initial signs are positive the Welshman could still be ruled out.
    Theo Walcott will also be assessed ahead of the clash following the back injury that has kept him out of the side so far this season.
    Wenger will definitely be without the injured Samir Nasri (broken leg), Johan Djourou (knee) and Lukasz Fabianski (knee).
    Meanwhile United will still be without the services of Rio Ferdinand (thigh), Edwin Van der Sar (finger) and Rafael (shoulder).
    It should mean that Jonny Evans will continue to partner fit again Nemanja Vidic in defence after the Serbia international came through his first appearance of the season against Wigan unscathed.
    Firepower

Van der Sar's injury means that Ben Foster should keep his place given he kept his second clean sheet of the season in a 5-0 win at the DW Stadium last weekend.
    The debate rages on whether manager Sir Alex Ferguson has enough firepower at his disposal to cope with the loss of Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez but Berbatov, Wayne Rooney and Michael Owen were all on target against the Latics.
    United have already used the most players this season, 18, and Ferguson is likely to rotate his squad again on Saturday, in particular his midfield.
    Paul Scholes and Darren Fletcher both started at Wigan but Ryan Giggs and Carrick, who missed out completely against Roberto Martinez's men, will be vying for a start as will Anderson, who will be looking to put his reported spat with Ferguson firmly behind him.
    Possible starting XIs:
    Man Utd: Foster, O'Shea, Evans, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Valencia, Berbatov, Rooney.
    Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Vermaelen, Gallas, Clichy, Song, Diaby, Denilson, Arshavin, Van Persie, Eduardo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

I think Arsenal will hammer them

Hopefully ;):pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Fancy Arsenal for this one, big time.

• Advertisement

arsenal+dude+6.png

Task one tomorrow ;):pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

care to mention why you think that?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

COME ON UNITED!!!!!!!!!:):):)

New signing lads :) play up front tomorrow :D
    easily going to be better than his "friend" Park :P

3307424030_41b23d8d1a.jpg

Two from him tomorrow and were flying :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I reckon it will be a 2-2 draw.

Think United will start strongly and get an early lead, but then sit off and allow arsenal too much time on the ball.

As for scorers, no idea really. Rooney and Berbs for United. Arshavin and RVP for Arsenal maybe?

Also, Fabregas will def play imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,804 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I reckon 2-1 to the Arsenal with or without Padregas.

United will open the scoring with a penalty won by Rooney whose dive to earn it is shocking.
    Arsenal, feeling highly aggrieved, will go on to score 2, ironicly both scored by Eduardo.

once he doesnt dive ill be happy

kippy wrote: »
    He a new signing as well? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Sky confirming from Wenger's press conference that Fabregas is out.

nice

• Advertisement

Redzer7 wrote: »
    New signing lads :)play up front tomorrow :D
    easily going to be better than his "friend" Park :P

3307424030_41b23d8d1a.jpg

Two from him tomorrow and were flying :).
    Sorry my mistake playing centre mid instead of fab ;).

He a new signing as well? :P

You haven't been playing Fantasy Football long enough to understand. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Arsenal to win 2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'll believe it when i don't see him on the team sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

kippy wrote: »

United will open the scoring with a penalty won by Rooney whose dive to earn it is shocking.Arsenal, feeling highly aggrieved, will go on to score 2, ironicly both scored by Eduardo.

A old saying about "people in glass house................." comes to mind .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Rosicky back to fitness

:pac: :D Thanks! I needed a laugh.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    A old saying about "people in glass houses................."
    Shouldn't have kids :confused::P.

United to win 2-0 with goals from Rooney and a late clincher from Owen:D

Hopefully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Big loss for the Gunners. I fancy United to shade it, Arsenal will not be given the time and space to play their football. Fletcher in the middle will be used to break up thie play.

1 0 to United.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Arsenal will have too much for United and steamroller them. Ridiculous scoreline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

spockety wrote: »
    Arsenal will have too much for United and steamroller them. Ridiculous scoreline.

That buzzing sound is the alarm clock.........

WAKE UP

:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Score draw I think but Arsenal are due a win at Old Trafford. Cesc out doesn't help though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

I think Arsenal will put at least 3 past United

Man United 4-3 Arsenal

I'll believe it when i don't see him on the team sheet.

Well Wenger said he won't travel, so it doesn't seem like the usual case of having a late fitness test.

Well Wenger said he won't travel, so it doesn't seem like the usual case of having a late fitness test.
    Link?

• Advertisement

Link?

None I'm afraid, just watching Wenger's press conference on the box.

None I'm afraid, just watching Wenger's press conference on the box.
    Seen It Now :mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I fancy Man Utd for this. 2-0 I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Fergie very complimentary to Wenger and Arsenal. Far cry from there relationship a few years ago :pac:
    "One thing Arsene has done well is he's always sold a player at the right time," said the Scot.
    "He knows when it's the right time for a player to leave and he has done it again with Adebayor and Toure.
    "I don't think the level of ability has changed one bit and he seems to have a good harmony in the squad."
    "Their 6-1 win at Everton was an amazing result. I've never known Everton concede that many goals at home. I can't remember that happening before.
    "I couldn't understand people writing Arsenal off. A young team like Arsenal, that is maturing, has to be respected. I think it was a media thing. I can't see it."

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Fergie very complimentary to Wenger and Arsenal. Far cry from there relationship a few years ago :pac:

Agreed, the days of animosity between the two are long gone methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Arsenal have started well this season but United will also have to put on a good show and get win should be a cracking game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

fair play fergie.

that felt a little dirty.....*shiver*

They've been gone since Arsenal dropped out of the "direct competitors" league.
    When it was Arsenal V United in fighting for the PL the animosity was at its greatest.

That said, maybe I am a but cynical, Fergie may be lightening up in his old age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

United to win 3-0 for some inexplicable reason (perhaps Silvestre will have to play)

Vermaelen to get man of the match!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Archimedes wrote: »
    (perhaps Silvestre will have to play)

*shudders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

gallas to score a hat-trick in a 4-3 loss for the gunners to aid my FF team!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Just popping in to show my support for the draw.

G'wan the draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Arsenals attack to out strip Utds defence. Arsenal by a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Do you think it could be restarted on Saturday evening if Arsenal win in controversial circumstances. Dodgy penalty say....?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement