Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester Utd V Arsenal PL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Well when you lose to a dodgy peno and dumb og, while playing better football than the opposition I think you have a right to be ;)

Dodgy penalty, no matter how much everyone crows on about it, twas a fair penalty, keeper cant just pull down a player in the box while nowhere near the ball.

And to be fully fair even if vidic, nani and berbatov had taken their chances we would still have people on here crying about the penalty, take a few deep breaths calm down and have a rational look at the match

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

The mind boggles at how Fletcher didn't get man of the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

14eb9qf.jpg

wenger "behold I am the messiah"

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,804 ✭✭✭✭kippy

The Muppet wrote: »
    Anyone that writes united off in the league is deluding themselves, after all they have been the champions for the past three years. United created good chances first half and missed a hatful of chances near the end of the game, it could easily have been 4 or 5. Foster made one outstanding save and a couple of bread and butter ones. I fully expect United to win today, I think the city game will be harder to win.

I wrote them off for this game only, not necessarily the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

2lnv8nt.jpg

Nice dive, Wayne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Has this been posted yet?

2mn0whf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Regarding Rooneys penalty. He was going to ground before contact with the keeper but had he stayed on his feet it would have been a penalty anyway imo.

Wenger was sent off for kicking a water bottle? Jesus ****ing christ. What a ****ing idiot that 4th official is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Holsten wrote: »
    2lnv8nt.jpg

Nice dive, Wayne.
    Fcuking knew it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

^^^^

Doesn't get any clearer than that! Blatant Dive..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

lol, hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

apart from fletcher and rooney (and maybe foster for that save at 0-1), and i mean just them, that was pretty woeful from utd.

arsenal played them off the park.

that wins you f*** all though.

gallas and vermaelen were awesome.

arshavin explosive when in the game.

song and denilson controlled the game (before the goals). carrick was bullied out of it. fletcher was the only one to put up a fight in the middle of the park. giggs was a passenger. the pass for the penalty, and the lob into the box for the second goal (nothing special) were the only things he did.

luck, and arsenal's heads dropping once the goals went in were the ONLY reasons utd got out of this with a win.

this could galvanise them now.

F***.

arsenal need to forget this now, show their mental strength, and keep doing what they're doing so that this does not define their season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

^^^^

Doesn't get any clearer than that! Blatant Dive..

How many of those who condemned Eduardo will do the same here.

RE: Rooney...

it was a penalty FFS.

almunia was an eejit. rooney was falling but he was getting clattered either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

the difference between rooney and eduardo is boruc pulled out of the challenge where as almunia intentionally tried to take him down and that pic looks like almunia has made contact with rooneys foot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Mossy Monk wrote: »

Very few I would imagine, rose tinted glasses and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

SlickRic wrote: »
    RE: Rooney...

it was a penalty FFS.

almunia was an eejit. rooney was falling but he was getting clattered either way.

As an Arsenal fan, I'm afraid I have to agree with this.

Seems stupid though that the difference was in the goalkeepers actions. Rooney decided to go to ground just as Eduardo did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

gosplan wrote: »
    As an Arsenal fan, I'm afraid I have to agree with this.

Seems stupid though that the difference was in the goalkeepers actions. Rooney decided to go to ground just as Eduardo did.

rooney was going to be taken down and he was taken down, eduardo wasnt going to be taken down!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

NOTHING wil be done about rooneys dive, one rule for Utd and another for every other club it seems.

Ill bet if i started a thread entitled "Rooney the cheat ...." it wouldnt last too long would it, unlike the eduardo thread knocking around all week.

Disgusted, ****ing disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

As an Arsenal fan thats a very hard defeat to take, especially after being the better side for pretty much the entire match. Utd were very poor, no ideas going forward at all. Cant understand AW's decision to leave Diaby on, he should have came off for Bendtner. Lots of positives for Arsenal though.

• Advertisement

Charlie wrote: »

2mn0whf.jpg

Blatent dive.

Almunia went for the ball, rooney nicked it at the last milisecond, almunia droped his arms to the floor to avoid any contact and by this time rooney is already falling over.

End of, thats it, no other way of looking at that im afraid.

FearDark wrote: »
    Blatent dive.

Almunia went for the ball, rooney nicked it at the last milisecond, almunia droped his arms to the floor to avoid any contact and by this time rooney is already falling over.

End of, thats it, no other way of looking at that im afraid.
    Almunia didn't avoid contact, that's the point.

FFS lads this is pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Almunia made contact.

End. Of. Story.

Almunia didn't avoid contact, that's the point.

FFS lads this is pathetic.

let them keep going

im having a great laugh at it :D

Rooney dived end of, seriously stop saying otherwise you look stupid.

keano_afc wrote: »
    As an Arsenal fan thats a very hard defeat to take, especially after being the better side for pretty much the entire match. Utd were very poor, no ideas going forward at all. Cant understand AW's decision to leave Diaby on, he should have came off for Bendtner. Lots of positives for Arsenal though.

I honestly thought Diaby was your best player, we simply couldnt get the ball off him today, ok the own goal will be a down point for arsenal fans but he was class otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Regarding Rooneys penalty. He was going to ground before contact with the keeper but had he stayed on his feet it would have been a penalty anyway imo.

Wenger was sent off for kicking a water bottle? Jesus ****ing christ. What a ****ing idiot that 4th official is.

Why should Rooney be condemned for a legit peno? You know the rules of the game. Keeper dived for the same balll as Rooney but made no contact with the ball, Rooney makes contact with the keepers out streched arms and goes down, Its a peno every day of the week.

I agree with you about Wengers sending off. It was unnecessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Rooney should be told to stay on his feet until there is contact, I would rather score a goal from open play than a peno.

The Muppet wrote: »
    Why should Rooney be condemned for a legit peno? You know the rules of the game. Keeper dived for the same balll as Rooney but made no contact with the ball, Rooney makes contact with the keepers out streched arms and goes down, Its a peno everey day of the week.

I agree with you about Wengers sending off. It was unnecessary.

Like I said, both Rooney and Eduardo saw the contact coming and decided that they were going to ground.

The difference is that Boruc was smart enough to pull out whereas Almunia wasn't.

But I agree with you, there's no way that Rooney should be blamed at all for this.

YESSSSSSS, pause.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2hoh8gk.gif

Having seen that slo-mo replay and can't believe anybody is arguing Rooney didn't dive. Fairly blatant. Very tough to pick it out in real time though.

• Advertisement

jaykay74 wrote: »
    YESSSSSSS, pause.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2hoh8gk.gif

I was waiting for that

priceless

SlickRic wrote: »
    Having seen that slo-mo replay and can't believe anybody is arguing Rooney didn't dive. Fairly blatant. Very tough to pick it out in real time though.
    No it's not, from pretty much every other angle it's a clear penalty.

Headshot wrote: »
    I was waiting for that

priceless

If you look at the bottom of the shot you see an official pointing towards the linesman. Eh, "Mr Wenger you should have a look that way".

tbh I feel sorry for Wenger, I like the guy and I like the way his teams play the game.

curry-muff wrote: »
    I honestly thought Diaby was your best player, we simply couldnt get the ball off him today, ok the own goal will be a down point for arsenal fans but he was class otherwise.

He had a great chance to level it 2 mins after the own goal and completely fluffed it. He got the ball caught under his own feet far too often in good positions. Gave it away quite a bit too. Far from our best player. Gallas, Vermaelen, Sagna were way ahead of him.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    If you look at the bottom of the shot you see an official pointing towards the linesman. Eh, "Mr Wenger you should have a look that way".

tbh I feel sorry for Wenger, I like the guy and I like the way his teams play the game.

same as myself

iv alot of respect for wenger

love the way his team plays and he has shown such loyalty to Arsenal

keano_afc wrote: »
    He had a great chance to level it 2 mins after the own goal and completely fluffed it. He got the ball caught under his own feet far too often in good positions. Gave it away quite a bit too. Far from our best player. Gallas, Vermaelen, Sagna were way ahead of him.

And yet 70% of Arsenal fans claim you were all over us??? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ok so I was in work and didn't see the game live. Looking at this thread it looked like Rooney had at least made the most of the tackle but I just saw it on RTE and that is a clear penalty 10 out of 10 times.

LMFAO - Rooney get's MOTM on fantasy football.

1 penalty on target, did he set up or take any other shots in the game?

curry-muff wrote: »
    And yet 70% of Arsenal fans claim you were all over us??? :confused:

We were. I mentioned the defenders because they gave Utd absolutley nothing. It was the perfect platform to build on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Was a good game. United were perhaps lucky to get all 3 points but what a great finish from Diaby. :)

As for the penalty, there was definite contact. Can't believe people would argue otherwise. Talk about blinkered. Almunia was very rash to come out like that.

Ultimately Arsenal gifted United with a way back into the game before proceeding to hand them the game. Not a great performance from United but a terrific result.

As for Arsenal's goal I think Foster should have saved it. I think a Given or a Van Der Sar would keep that out if they get hands to it. I'm not sure Ben is up to being United's number one. It's not the first time he's looked a bit iffy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Almunia made contact.

End. Of. Story.
    You won, give it up.

In fairness when you see it from this angle he clearly dives...

2hwgpc0.gif

Headshot wrote: »
    same as myself

iv alot of respect for wenger

love the way his team plays and he has shown such loyalty to Arsenal

Me too and what's more you never hear him moaning about his transfer budget and if any manager in the top teams has a right to it's him. He's a fantastic manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Great result for United but far from a great performance. We were very lucky to get the win.

Once again the United midfield couldn't hold onto to the ball when we were under pressure and so we were clinging on desperately as the game wore on. Ferguson left our 30 million pound striker on the bench so we could play three CMs and they still couldn't get a hold of the ball. Fletcher did alright tbf but Giggs and Carrick were passengers.

I honestly don't know what people are complaining about with Rooney's penalty - Almunia fooked up, it was a clear penalty. Arshavin should have got one too.

The fourth official acted like such a knob at the end. Are managers not allowed show any emotion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

2gum4ww.gif

ddnqcy.gif

Just recorded that off Premier Soccer Saturday. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

2gum4ww.gif

ddnqcy.gif

Just recorded that off Premier Soccer Saturday. :D

The third Da Silva brother in the bottom one :eek:

Don't suppose you recorded peno from a different angle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Meh to the "it's a clear penalty" / "it's a clear dive" debate.

Aside from the details of the incident and referee's decision, it is crystal clear that his instinct was to go to ground as soon as the ball got away from him. It is that instinct that requires FIFA / UEFA / the individual associations to really get stuck in on this issue. Rooney's instinct should be to stay on his feet and maintain focus on the ball. Instead, his psyche is 'keeper coming, win penalty'. And that is ****ing bull****.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Ferguson left our 30 million pound striker on the bench so we could play three CMs and they still couldn't get a hold of the ball. Fletcher did alright tbf but Giggs and Carrick were passengers.

I honestly don't know what people are complaining about with Rooney's penalty - Almunia fooked up, it was a clear penalty. Arshavin should have got one too.

The fourth official acted like such a knob at the end. Are managers not allowed show any emotion?

Did you see the whole game or just the highlights? Giggs was certainly not a passenger in the second half and Fletcher did a hell of a lot more than alright.

As for our £30 million striker what was he up to when Nani put him clean through with the pass of the game?

• Advertisement

Nice shot of what Wenger got sent off for. Disgaceful decision by the officials imo. Good technique and follow through though.

wengerboot.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement