Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

irish search engine

• 28-08-2009 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Can anyone please tell me if there is a good SE that will only search Irish web pages,I'm so sick of Googling somthing and geting american and other countries pages .eg googled something in Co. Kerry and got some article on sen. john kerry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

does checking the box "pages from ireland" below the search box help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Google.ie pretty much does that automatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

as per above, or you can search srings in google such as

"search topic" some key word site:.ie

That will search only .ie tld's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

calex71 wrote: »

Co. Kerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Use firefox and change the google toolbar to search google.ie instead of .com
    Add it here:
    http://mycroft.mozdev.org/google-search-plugins.html

Capture.png

Then You can change to it whenever You need :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

calex71 wrote: »

I was wondering how that works. Does it just return sites for which the domain name is registered in Ireland or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I was wondering how that works. Does it just return sites for which the domain name is registered in Ireland or something?

Not necessarily, I think they base it on keywords on the site that relate to Ireland. Not 100% tbh.

Advertisement