Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost Plus sofa- Anybody know my rights?

Options
  • 28-08-2009 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi

I ordered a sofa in February and paid a deposit, it was to be delivered in April and we paid the balance by cheque a couple of days before it was due.
    The morning of delivery they called and said it was stained and damaged and we could have that one and they would have it repaired or they will order again to be delivered the end of June.

We weren't moved into our house yet so said June would be fine. In June there was no word so we rang a couple of times and after several different stories were given a delivery date. Got a call morning of delivery, couch never came in on shipment that new couch would be in in August. We argued with them that we were sitting on deck chairs and they gave us a stained, ripped temp couch until our one arrived.

Delivery date was yesterday and couch arrived...wrong couch (corner seat on wrong side) They addmitted they ordered the wrong one as details on our receipt were right.

They have offered to give us the first couch which they since repaired and its a display model in the store at the minute. Going to see it today to see the condition, if its good we may take it if offered a good discount i.e. 50%. But they have all our money what can we do, a new order will take another 2 months and we already ordered 6 months ago.

Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

demand a full refund as they have not supplied what you ordered then go get a sofa from a local store. do not accept any of their offers as this may tie you into accepting only a credit note if they fail again to deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

What the hell is it about couches that makes them so freggin difficult to buy ?

I will be in the market for one myself in the next few months and I am already in dread of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

BnA wrote: »
    What the hell is it about couches that makes them so freggin difficult to buy ?

I will be in the market for one myself in the next few months and I am already in dread of it.
    Just buy a nice one in IKEA, at least you get to take it away with you (or drop it to a van and let them do it there and then :))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Ste.phen wrote: »
    Just buy a nice one in IKEA, at least you get to take it away with you (or drop it to a van and let them do it there and then :))

I can also recommend Ikea. We ordered the couch we wanted from the Belfast store. Arrived on time and to spec.

OP - I'd say you're entitled to a refund at this stage.

Advertisement