Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cranberries to reform

Options
  • 28-08-2009 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Irish rock group, The Cranberries, are to reform this year. The four piece, with Dolores O' Riordan as lead singer, have been on hiatus since 2003. However, the band are getting back together with a number of live shows in North America and Europe from late 2009 to early 2010. The material is to consist of Dolores O' Riordan's new album plus a greatest hits selection from The Cranberries.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Haven't heard any of her solo stuff but would prob go to see them, if they're playing close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Didn't she dump the other 3? I wonder will it be the original line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Who hid them away all the years people actually had some cash in their pockets?

If they want a decent manager, I'll consider digging the cheap suit from the back of the wardrobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭khennessy86

ah brill, like one of the other users said, one of our better irish bands to reformsaw dolores oriordan couple years ago and she was brillant , covered all the cranberries classics and her new album, hopefully we will get a couple of dates over here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dear God, there is no God. Whiney knacker vocals shouting out trite lyrics over bombastic
    chords.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Amalgam wrote: »
    Didn't she dump the other 3? I wonder will it be the original line-up.

I thought she "took a break" to have a get married, have a kid or two?
    Not sure though.
    They didnt exactly release a lot of material but some of it was good stuff the rest of it reminded me of Sinead O Connor for some reason, and I dont like Sinead O Connor.......a lot.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

mike65 wrote: »
    Dear God, there is no God. Whiney knacker vocals shouting out trite lyrics over bombastic
    chords.
    In one shot.
    Very surprised at the positivity their gettin on thread. I really thought that they were commonly reviled.

Advertisement