Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Face of Calpol

Options
  • 28-08-2009 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Hey, has anyone else entered a photo of their child into the above? I did so a couple of months ago and I'm aware it closed for registration in late July. Having read their site today they mention that the winner will be announced in September, but I got no information back whatsoever from Calpol that my entry had been received, anyone else in the same predicament?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭DD67

I also entered and have not had a reply back, but then again i was not expecting a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

I haven't heard anything back either, at least we don't have that long to wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lalalulu

DD67 why were you not expecting a reply back?
    OP i entered my little one and didn't hear anything back i thought they would at least send back a confirmation email..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Same here, didn't hear anything back from them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

i thought they would at least send back a confirmation email

That's the least I expected too and some updates via emails.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭*melanie*

Famous45 wrote: »
    Hey, has anyone else entered a photo of their child into the above? I did so a couple of months ago and I'm aware it closed for registration in late July. Having read their site today they mention that the winner will be announced in September, but I got no information back whatsoever from Calpol that my entry had been received, anyone else in the same predicament?

i entered my son also...still no reply.
    i wonder has the winner been anounced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

I think I read in the T's and C's at the time that only those shortlisted for the finals would be contacted.

There was to be a photoshoot with X amount of Children at the end etc.

Does nobody read the rules before sending off a pic of their little ones into cyberspace?

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭*melanie*

MrsA wrote: »
    I think I read in the T's and C's at the time that only those shortlisted for the finals would be contacted.

Does nobody read the rules before sending off a pic of their little ones into cyberspace?

M

yes, i know this mrsA, i think what we are all asking is if they have contacted anyone for shortlist yet.
    And yes of course i have read the t&c.
    what makes you suggest that we havent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

MrsA wrote: »

M

Of course I read the T&C's! I wouldn't put any pictures of my daughter on the internet without reading them. But doesn't everyone think "their little darling" will make at least the shortlist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

It says in the T&C's that photos will be judged within 2 months after the closing date which was 31st of July so I guys they will notify the 3 finalists by 31st Sept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

kwalshe wrote: »
    It says in the T&C's that photos will be judged within 2 months after the closing date which was 31st of July so I guys they will notify the 3 finalists by 31st Sept.

"Thirty days hath September,
    April, June, and November;"...:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

*melanie* wrote: »
    yes, i know this mrsA, i think what we are all asking is if they have contacted anyone for shortlist yet.
    And yes of course i have read the t&c.
    what makes you suggest that we havent?

Not suggesting that everyone has not read the T's and C's but there does seem to be a few posters who thought they would get an e-mail confirming that their pic was received, and those people obviously did not read them IYKWIM.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I entered my daughter also and have heard nothing. The web site looks like it hasn't been touched since the competition started. I guess they are looking for a child for next year and aren't in any hurry to decide. Probably thousands of kids in the competition. I wouldnt like to be deciding!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Well I knew from that start that my princess would win, so I wasn't too concerned about getting a confirmation email. They should really get there skates on though, as they have only 2 days left to have the photoshoot and for me to pick up the cheque. Oh well, i'm sure they know what there doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

There was actually an article in Friday's Evening Herald on this topic:

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/at-just-18-months-little-abbie-to-be-new-face-of-calpol-1896867.html

I guess that answers your question!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

That headline is a little premature - she's only in the final three according to the text of the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Advertisement