Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Music for Subwoofers

Options
  • 28-08-2009 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi All,

Looking for some suggestions for songs which will bring out the full potential of Subwoofers in the Car.
    I'm tired of all the Sh1te Amercian Rap and looking for something different.

Two songs which really rock the subs

The Timewarp - Subfocus
    Get Buck in here - Akon

All suggestions welcome.

BTW Anybody headin to the car show in Macroom on Sunday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Moved from helpdesk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Sparky wrote: »
    Moved from helpdesk

you might want to move it again. If people here know much about car stereos it's by accident. This be Home Emtertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

Hi All,

Looking for some suggestions for songs which will bring out the full potential of Subwoofers in the Car.

The Timewarp - Subfocus
    Get Buck in here - Akon

All suggestions welcome.

try El Cid by Leftfield. its on the album Rhythm & Stealth, great sub sweep throughout the track. get the actual CD if you can, Mp3s are useless for full range sounds.

Or My generation by Limp Bizkit, the drum fill at the start is ridiculous on the bass drum!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Adam, thanks for responding;

@OP,
    I agree with Slaphead, I'm moving this to the Motors section.....

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Shouldnt this be in "EXPERIMENTAL MUSIC".......:p

Get some King Tubby cd's...cant beat a bit of Dub..........;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Would ya not listen to music ya like rather than music you think will male ya look cool

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Do you actually want us to tell you what type of music to listen to? Have you no opinion of your own?
    Why not stick in some Slayer then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

How powerful is your sub and amp? Rap always sounds good with a powerful system of at least 1KW RMS.

A decent base should be heard well over a block away. :p

I am using a 3KW GZ monoblock driving 2 x 1KW RMS 15" cones. :)

seanybiker wrote: »
    Would ya not listen to music ya like rather than music you think will male ya look cool
    kbannon wrote: »
    Do you actually want us to tell you what type of music to listen to? Have you no opinion of your own?

He's looking for some advice on what tracks give subwoofers a good work out, whats the problem? i dont like Limp Bizkit but i still stick on the intro of My Generation to show off subs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Move again to modified motors I say.

• Advertisement

this shouldnt be anywhere near cars, move it to a music forum if anything. at least somebody there will know a bassy song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The Best thing the OP can do is wait for the next custom car show and have a good look around. Dealers will be playing the best stuff that would sell their products, ie Good bass. You can also purchase most of these sounds at these shows.

If you know anyone working in a factorsthat deals in subs and good sound systems they often get in demo Cd's for playing this stuff, you could ask for a copy. :)

I had one CD called "shockwave", the bass would wake the dead, I would stick it into the head unit and turn it up full if I came up beside some idiot using his handset in traffic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved to music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

*awaits move to Hip Hop or Dance&Electronic&DJing*

OP anything D'n'B is going to have tight sub harmonics in spades. Off the top of my head nearly anything by High Contrast, Adam F, LTJ Bukem, ED Rush and Optical, Aphrodite (and a hundred others) will give your sub a good workout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Can't go wrong with a bit of safety dance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahrpa_PqZrk

Nothing like listening to Apollo 440 - Electroglide In Blue in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭fuse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Blue Monday by New Order?

it depends on your car size and sub size.

for me a hatchback golf with a 12' sub this is what kicked me up the ass

im not saying some of these are good but when you wanna feel what's in your boot this should do the trick!

too short - burn rubber
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7LjDcU5mgg

ll cool j - the boomin system
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_rFd2F8vgc

probably one of the greatest songs of all time,
    the prodigy - diesel power
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSygqiOyD9M

Usher - Yeah
    pendulum - slam
    Dizzee Rascal - Flex [Dave Spoon ReFlex]
    the game - how we do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Leftfield - Phat Planet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 theusualsuspect

Hi All,

The Timewarp - Subfocus
    Get Buck in here - Akon

All suggestions welcome.

Haven't been keeping up with the thread but can't believe the intrest and thanks for all your suggestions.

The system is owned by a friend and consist's of 8 10" sub's and plently of juice, even its own altenator !!!

I was looking for tracks to play that are super bassy but catchy and funky
    anything from Dance to progressive to rock to pop, ok well maybe not pop ! but not all the "" YO YO YO [EMAIL="WHO@S"]WHO@S[/EMAIL] YOUR DAADY BI*CH "" .

I'm gonna go and download oh i mean buy all the suggestions so far and try them out over the weekend at a show in the UK at the weekend.

Thanks again and I'LL BE BACK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Music Response - The Chemical Brothers
    Witness Dub - Roots Manuava

All you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

kbannon wrote: »

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Testing speakers?

Has to be 'Everything in it's Right Place'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Can't go wrong with the Explosive Car Tuning series, they'll certainly put the sub to the test :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Explosive-Car-Tuning-Vol-20/dp/B002KK04IG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1254251472&sr=1-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Wertz wrote: »
    OP anything D'n'B is going to have tight sub harmonics in spades. Off the top of my head nearly anything by High Contrast, Adam F, LTJ Bukem, ED Rush and Optical, Aphrodite (and a hundred others) will give your sub a good workout.
    Yeah definitely.

I remember it wasn't until a mate of mine got a decent stereo that had a Subwoofer years back that I was actually able to hear the sub in a track that I'd already loved up until.

It was so strange listening to the extra bass. It was like listening to another track.

The track was Horizons by LTJ Bukem

• Registered Users Posts: 13,540 ✭✭✭✭fits

DJ Hell - Bass Mechanic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 theusualsuspect

Onkle wrote: »
    Can't go wrong with a bit of safety dance

Auctually you can, Not to be played at high volume in front of anyone!!!

A lot of really good suggestions here. Thanks for them all and keep them coming.

Advertisement