Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eVent Jackets

Options
  • 28-08-2009 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here purchased/tried either DHB's version of this or the Endura one? I'm searching for a superb 100% waterproof racing/commuting jacket and I'm in a price-no-object kinda mood: Goretex seems the obvious route but, though eVent is cheaper, reviews on CRC and Wiggle suggest it offers superior breathability.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Have the Endura Super expensive event one. It is very good, I mean you still sweat in it when you are really putting the foot down, but it's waterproof and pretty good at keeping you sweat free.

Thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

I've a top of the line Goretex jacket, one of the Pak-Light styles ones. Used it last winter in some of heavy rain and it didn't let the rain really though but then it does cause me to sweat a huge amount.

Anything skintight is *not* going to be properly waterproof, neither is anything that says breathable. You either get one or the other or somewhere in between. Some people get away with needing a less breathable one than others but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61370411&highlight=event#post61370411

US Military Tests
    http://www.shelby.fi/tips/breathability.pdf

And maybe more importantly, the Endura jacket is really well designed and has a great fit. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭onesoma

my opinion is that these endura eVent jackets are terrible. i work for cyclone so have no choice but to wear these.

they soak through on the arms after a half hour or less of moderate rain, the back starts to go after an hour or two as well.

i don't like the cut either, but that's pretty subjective.

oh yeah, the velcro tabs on the cuffs break off very easily, plastic stitched through which weakens it.

and the main zip catches near the top - there's an extra flap of soft material to protect your throat from the zip - this catches on the zip.

and on one of my two jackets the main zip tab is also just just plastic and broke off.

as i say i've nothing to compare it to cause i have to use these...

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭kavanagh_h

Hi

Anyone want to swap my large jacket for their medium one please?

H.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭mp31

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

<mod>8 year old thread, post in the adverts or event page.<mod>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement