Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same Day Flights to London

Options
  • 28-08-2009 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi i am just wondering as anyone used ryanair flights same day from shannon to stanstead on a saturday 3 o clock kick off. Landing at 11.35 and leaving again at 19.40 would i make the return flight leaving by the train from tottenham hale. I used to fly from cork to heathrow but could save nearly €100 this way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

I am fly from Dub but you'll make the plane back no probs if the stansted express is running. If its not you could make it but would need to taxi it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

eiduap wrote: »
    Hi i am just wondering as anyone used ryanair flights same day from shannon to stanstead on a saturday 3 o clock kick off. Landing at 11.35 and leaving again at 19.40 would i make the return flight leaving by the train from tottenham hale. I used to fly from cork to heathrow but could save nearly €100 this way.

I hope you'd make it, as my flight home is at 7:35pm tomorrow!

What you need to do is make sure you know the way to walk back to Tottenham Hale first off.

As soon as the final whistle (or as soon as we enter stoppage time if we're well ahead) get out of the ground and head straight down to T. Hale. Don't hang around, it's about a 25min walk but can take a little longer with the crowds heading that way. You *should* make the train just after 5:30pm, and arrive in Stansted a little after 6pm.

Don't hang around there, go straight through security and have a beer or food after that, as there can be queues depending on time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Other thing you could check is if there are trains going from Northumberland park back to stansted. They have been running these a bit after games and they go frequently. Train takes a bit longer but Northumberland park is about 5 mins (very) quick walk from the south/east stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

eiduap wrote: »
    Hi eiduap,the flight you mention is the one that we take all the time going to the Lane and will be taking it again for the home game V Burnley on 25 sept' therecklessone is spot on in what he says if you go straight to Tottenham Hale after the game you should have no probs getting the express train and reach Stansted about sixish,:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

WE got the train at just before 5:10pm today from Northumberland Park to Stansted Airport, was the Stansted Express. The next one after that stops as well apparently (5:24). Well worth a try.

• Advertisement
Advertisement