Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a betting spreadsheet

Options
  • 28-08-2009 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've decided to make a return to the old sports betting scene and I'm looking for a little bit of advice. I've attached a spreadsheet that I created with a mate a good few years back. Now it's very much a work in progress so I'm looking for a few pointers as to how I can improve it. I'll be using Betfair mostly so the whole commission thing will be a bit of a pain. Also, typing everything in can be tedious! Is there any other way I can do this?

I work off a sort of 'confidence factor' in which I rate my picks between 1 and 10. 1 = 0.5% and 10 = 5%. I'm also not sure if this is ideal so I'll be looking for some advice on this as well.

The other problem is that I lay as well as back. How can I incorporate this into the sheet?

I posted this in the Gambling forum but only realised afterwards that there's a separate forum for Excel related problems! Can some of you guys have a look at the sheet and see if there's any glaring problems with it? What alterations would you recommend making?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement