Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying non-DRM music

• 28-08-2009 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi,

This may have been asked before, but I couldn't find it...

Are there any sites where I can (buy and) download non-DRM music? I'd thought that I could from amazon.co.uk, but it's restricted to UK IP addresses as far as I can tell.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Pity about Amazon. iTunes is now DRM-free for music. The file format might not be ideal but it's a step in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭stopped_clock

Excellent - I didn't know that.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

http://ie.7digital.com/ sells a lot of mp3s now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Mully

If you are into Non-Major label music, try emusic.com Its subscription based ... I get 75 downloads a month for about €16 a month ... Works out at about 5-6 albums, €3 each, all legit, all DRM Free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Firetrap wrote: »
    http://ie.7digital.com/ sells a lot of mp3s now

+1. That's who i buy all my music from online,i don't go near itunes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭stopped_clock

Mully wrote: »
    If you are into Non-Major label music, try emusic.com Its subscription based ... I get 75 downloads a month for about €16 a month ... Works out at about 5-6 albums, €3 each, all legit, all DRM Free.

Just had a look at the site. Looks like they've got some interesting stuff on there alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

+1 for both 7digital and eMusic. eMusic is good for the more offbeat stuff, while 7digital has the mainstream stuff - and some good deals too. 7digital's support has also been great so far, responding rapidly and eager to sort stuff out for me. I find the eMusic subscription encourages me to try new stuff out since the monthly download credits don't carry over, so if you don't use them you lose them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭paudie

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

Can you still keep the emusic tracks if you let your subscription run out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

Yes you can - they're DRM free MP3s, so once downloaded you've no problem doing what you like with them.

Edit: just to point out that I've let my sub with eMusic lapse - wasn't using it enough. Still v. happy with 7digital.

Advertisement