Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overflow pipe

Options
  • 28-08-2009 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

When I turn on both my hot and cold water taps in my kitchen my overflow pipe lets out lots of water, does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Much appreciated any help.

Regards,

RRR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you checked your water storage tank? Thats where the overflow pipe should be connected too.

If the ball valve was faulty you should see it more than just when you turn on the taps.

Is the kitchen tap a mixer tap?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

There is something more sinister here! Can you explain more give more detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

You probably have an old type mixer tap that uses a single bore outlet, the high pressure mains water is forcing water back up the hot supply
    The outlet on the mixer may be partialy blocked, try cleaning this, otherwise replace the mixer with one that has a dual bore outlet.

Advertisement