Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what's the story with parking on campus?

Options
  • 28-08-2009 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Anyone i've been talking to says that they'd prefer to skydive and try jump though a 1 metre diamter ring 10 feet above ground than try and find a parking spot on campus (after 9 anyway). That's mixed with the fact that i don't have a clue how to pay for it is making me a very confused boy.

So does anyone have any tips? Maybe i could park somewhere else on busy days and get a bus the rest of the day? Any tips?

Driving from Wicklow btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Its very hard!! Lecturers find it hard to get a space!

Theres a housing estate beside UCD Beach Hill its called.The top of it is beside the astro turf pitches you may find a spot in it along a pavement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I'd say you'd be ok parking at the Montrose hotel opposite the main entrance. They don't have barriers or anything as far as I know.

Or you could arrive at the campus before 9am and find out how to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

K4t wrote: »

Or you could arrive at the campus before 9am and find out how to pay?

I probably will be arriving before 9, but i need to cover for the eventuality that i don't + can anyone tell me how to pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

You don't have to pay in most of the car parks. Or else I've been obliviously parking without paying for 3 years?

Tom65 wrote: »
    You don't have to pay in most of the car parks. Or else I've been obliviously parking without paying for 3 years?

Great stuff! If i get in around half 8 every morning i'll probably find parking somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Yeah most are free. I'll be driving up from wicklow too and i intend to be there for half 8

Hang on, your doing engineering too. Where in wicklow are you?

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Hang on, your doing engineering too. Where in wicklow are you?

Moneystown/Roundwood, you?

Rathdrum, we may aswell be neighbours :p

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

iv at the moment have a 3 oclock start is there any chance of parking then or am i dreaming?

• Advertisement

You'll be fine, lots of spaces free up after about 2pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Great stuff! If i get in around half 8 every morning i'll probably find parking somewhere?

Yeah, you'll be grand then.

Advertisement