Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nifty UI Features

Options
  • 28-08-2009 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am working on a web application at the moment and I need to spice up the UI. The site was created using .NET with an SQL Server 2005 backend. Can anyone point me to nifty features that they used in their site? In the mould of facebook, where you hover over things and you can edit them or hover over a cell in a datagrid and it shows the expanded info.

I tried to spice thing up by adding a file upload popup when you hover over a picture allowing the user to upload a new picture. I am using qTip(javascript) to bring up the small popup when hovering but I don't know how to go about rigging this up to the DB and then uploading the file. Does anyone know how to go about it or maybe a better way of doing it.

All help much appriecated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭ViperMAN

Hi everyone,

I think I might have solved the qTip problem mentioned above. There is a 'content' attribute where you can specify what you want to appear in the popup, e.g. input boxes and submit buttons. You can also set the content attribute to a url which can be a html or php page and I am told (although I am yet to implement it) that you can pass it a .aspx page and work from there.

So has anyone got any other cool UI features that they would like to share?

Cheers!

Advertisement