Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arkham Asylum gets a "World Record"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Even better than Superman 64? No way :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nobody told them about marvel vs. capcom 2?

I gaurantee it's review scores will be lower in a months time.

Bull**** record made up for publicity purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

It is really good though. On metacritic theres loads of 90%+ reviews. AFAIK there was only 1 or 2 mags that bought into that exclusive early review deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Bull**** record made up for publicity purposes.

Yes. But it is an absolutely savage game nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Good point Retr0.

X-men: Children of the Atom FTW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

This is clearly the mad ramblings of someone who hasn't played it yet.

Its easily the best superhero game i've played. First game I've played through start to finish in quite a while, found it very hard to put down.

I'm mad because of the BS "record" they attached to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Really enjoying Arkham Asylum now. Played it most of the day.
    It was obviously developed by fans.

Mark Hamill as Joker is ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Isn't it the best superhero game of all time though? Every review I have read so far is above 90.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'd certainly put it up there as being one of the best. First game in awhile that just has me dying to get back to it. Just can't get enough of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Another ridiculous record from the Guinness Book of Records. Nothing more than a marketing tool now, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

Dont really care about records but i bought this yesterday and was impressed. Only played for a hour so just getting into the controls. Good enough game and looks like a worthy edition to the collection. Will get stuck into it after the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Anyone who lets this put them off the game is a fool, it really is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i stil aint getting it....

Got it, the game is amazing !

Easily one of the best games to grace the xbox. I'm delighted with it.

The record etc is a load of crap, but the game itself can stand on its own 2 feet, it really is that good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Psh.

It was all downhill after Mario brothers 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

No one takes Guinness seriously, they always do this kind of stuff, it's all marketing/fluff.

Don't slag the game though, it really is very very good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The Guinness Book of Records is the best ever toilet book. Nothing is better then browsing through the most destructive weapons while taking a dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Got the demo on pc last night. Been a while since a game instantly impressed like this one. Will get this as soon as it's out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

So basically game magazines are saying its a great game and it is ACTUALLY a great game by all accounts.......sounds like a mahoosive conspiracy alright!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,766 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

noodler wrote: »
    Isn't it the best superhero game of all time though? Every review I have read so far is above 90.

xbox 360 gamer gave it 8/10 cas of the boss fight scenes and ending. Said it could have even been a 10/10 otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

While some of the boss fights could be better...its still the best super hero game ever imo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All it needs is a stupidly harsh Edge score to bring it down.

'While the game is excellent and one of the best all year it just isn't arty enough and we like to be controversial. 6/10'

http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/952337-batman-arkham-asylum/index.html
    http://www.gamerankings.com/gamecube/562548-viewtiful-joe/index.html

Come on viewtiful joe. Only a few measly fractions of a percent off :)

I'm really bitter about this game. It has no right to be good and no right to come out when I've no money to buy it.

Edit: Edge gave it an 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Good game, wasn't actually as good as I thought it was going to be given all the BEST.GAME.EVER reviews it was getting. I would love to shake the hand of hte marketing guy who came up with this World Record. Wonder how much they paid Guinness for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I got this today and played it for an hour. I like it so far. The graphics are good and it has some interesting ideas like the detective vision. The storyline seems good so far as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

why do people give a crap how high it is rated? just play the poxy thing. who cares If Edge give it a 2 or a 10 or whoever else. go out, play it and complain about it then or praise it. Mirrors Edge is one of my favourite games on the 360, I dont care if some muppet reviewers cant deal with motion sickness or whatever else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    why do people give a crap how high it is rated? just play the poxy thing. who cares If Edge give it a 2 or a 10 or whoever else. go out, play it and complain about it then or praise it. Mirrors Edge is one of my favourite games on the 360, I dont care if some muppet reviewers cant deal with motion sickness or whatever else.

The thing is though that if a game has gotten good reviews then i feel more assured that i'm not wasting my hard earned money on what could be a ****e game.

Games are expensive and it's better to know that what you're buying is good rather than paying for it and finding out after that you hate it.

Kiith wrote: »
    The Guinness Book of Records is the best ever toilet book. Nothing is better then browsing through the most destructive weapons while taking a dump.

I'd argue with Ripleys Believe it or Not, or Karl Pilkingtons books :P

• Advertisement

The thing is though that if a game has gotten good reviews then i feel more assured that i'm not wasting my hard earned money on what could be a ****e game.

Games are expensive and it's better to know that what you're buying is good rather than paying for it and finding out after that you hate it.
    Except games mags & websites are all corrupt to sh!te, so you're better off listening to your mates.

Advertisement