Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plants from neighbouring gardens

Options
  • 28-08-2009 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭

Guys can anybody advise me what to do here.

In both my next door neightbours gardens they have bushes/ plants that are overgrown and are spilling into my garden over the boundry wall.

Ive approached both of them and neither are willing to cutback / prune them.

where do I stand here ? Can I cut back anything thats come over the wall ? or if anybody has any good suggestions of how to prevent them coming over my wall that would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Do a search of the forum, there have been a few threads on this. Bottom line is yes, you have acted in a reasonable manner by approaching your neighbours and they have not reciprocated, you can cut off anything that encroaches on your property but you must give the offcuts back to your neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

thanks Maxi i know they wont want their offcuts bith gardens bordering me are less than well maintained but I will offer them back to them anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Cupcake Girl

If they are not well maintained they probably wouldnt even notice.

Advertisement