Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Super" 250GB Elite Incoming?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

i think the german amazon did the same with the ps3 slim, had it up early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

mailrewop wrote: »

Yeah, I was thinking of getting the 120gb after the price drop but I'm going to wait for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Hmm...there must be a reason for Microsoft wanting people to upgrade to a 250gb HDD. Microsoft could be planning something for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

creggy wrote: »
    Hmm...there must be a reason for Microsoft wanting people to upgrade to a 250gb HDD. Microsoft could be planning something for the future.
    well they have downloadable games now.

I'm finding the 120 isnt enough now since the NXE update with the install option.

just give us r/w access to ntfs usb drives and it'll be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Whats the NXE ?I burn all my games to my HD,Only have like 6 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

New Xbox Experience, the update to the dasjboard that brought the avatars and the install capability.

I just wish Microsoft would cut the price of the HD's, €140 or such for 120Gb is ****ing retarded when I can pick up a 1Tb for less in most stores. Its almost cheaper to just buy an Elite now:

- 120Gb HD = €140
    - Wireless pad = €40-50
    - HDMI cable (for now anyway) = €25-35

So how much does an Elite 360 actually cost then for the console itself??

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mossyman

I was going to get the 120GB but I think I might be patient and wait for the Elite Pro. Twice as much memory for the same price? 'Nuf said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

If they sell the HDD seperate I'll upgrade. I don't need a new console, but I'll take a new bigger HDD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

mailrewop wrote: »

Re the PS3 slim; It wasn't actual Amazon put it on the site tho, it was a third party seller on amazon marketplace.

Looking at the screen cap of amazon, it looks like it might be the same situation here, with a company called "Weitere Informationen". Cant speak german tho, so i'm just guessing :pac:

Amazon screen cap: http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/08/amazongermany.jpg

Edit: never mind that last paragraph, just noticed "verkauf und versand durch Amazon.de" in the pic ("sale and dispatch through amazon.de") so it looks credible.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭thecross1

i just bought the elite 120 gig do i really need the 250 gig i never had an xbox so not sure how much memery i need

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Re the PS3 slim; It wasn't actual Amazon put it on the site tho, it was a third party seller on amazon marketplace.

Looking at the screen cap of amazon, it looks like it might be the same situation here, with a company called "Weitere Informationen". Cant speak german tho, so i'm just guessing :pac:

Amazon screen cap: http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/08/amazongermany.jpg

"weitere informationen" is german for "more info" ...

I just realised something. They charge now €250 for the 120gb elite and now 250gb is being slated for €280. For something that nearly double the memory surely it would cost more than €280 if the 120gb is €250?

where is it 280euro 4 the elite 250gig in ireland

thecross1 wrote: »

Nowhere, the seller from amazon.de is slating it for €280. I'm just assuming it will be around that price over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,967 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I also read that they will just have 2 Sku's going forward the Arcade and the Elite, they are getting rid of the Premium and cutting the price of the Elite to match the PS3 slim

creggy wrote: »
    Nowhere, the seller from amazon.de is slating it for €280. I'm just assuming it will be around that price over here.

oh ok no problem thanks 4 the info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I've been looking to get a 120gb HDD for a while (upgrade from 20gb) but its far too expensive. Hopefully this will force the price of the HDD down (assuming they release a standalone 250gb)

Limited edition 250gb modern warfare 2 branded console was just announced. Whether there will be a regular 250gb console I don't know yet.

http://kotaku.com/5360377/microsoft-releasing-250gb-xbox-360-for-modern-warfare-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Hmm ... There's talk that the 250GB Drive will not be sold seperately. That sucks, but given their pricing for the 120 GB, Microsoft would have to charge a bloody fortune for the 250GB one.

Then again, as long as a 250GB drive works on the console it should mean that someone will come up with a workaround to get a cheaper drive working on the XBox (like this)

Forza 3 250gb bundle confirmed http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/250gb-forza-3-xbox-360-unveiled
    eurogamer wrote:

Microsoft has unveiled another 250GB Xbox 360 bundle, this time for Forza Motorsport 3.

Due 23rd October for £249.99, the Super Elite Bundle packs two wireless pads, a headset, regular copy of the game and, of course, a 250GB Xbox 360.

No fancy colour-scheme, though, like the Modern Warfare 2 bundle.

How many more of these bundles Microsoft has we're intrigued to find out.

The platform holder said yesterday that the 250GB HDD is not to be sold separately. But for how long? We'll see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

thecross1 wrote: »

Gamestop have the COD:MW2 elite in Ireland exclusively
    Game/Station have it in the UK
    and AFAIK Amazon have it in America

It will probably be €299 in europe, £249 in the UK and its $399 in America

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

NTMK wrote: »
    Game/Station have it in the UK
    and AFAIK Amazon have it in America

It will probably be €299 in europe, £249 in the UK and its $399 in America

Actually GAME are doing both the COD:MW2 Super Elite and the Forza Super Elite in Ireland, they started taking deposits last Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭tonedef

Absolam wrote: »
    Actually GAME are doing both the COD:MW2 Super Elite and the Forza Super Elite in Ireland, they started taking deposits last Friday.

Any idea what the price is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

300 euro for the MW2 'Super' Elite. Not bad considering it comes with 2 controllers and the game will prolly be 65 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

According to Aceybongos last week the price in Ireland will be EUR329.99. Still a good price for 250GB HD, game and second controller.

bucks73 wrote: »
    According to Aceybongos last week the price in Ireland will be EUR329.99. Still a good price for 250GB HD, game and second controller.
    Ah the good old 10% extra Irish tax :mad: €300 everywhere else in Europe probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Absolam wrote: »
    My mistake better head to Game and book one anyone know whats the minimum deposit in game for the Cod elite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

better head to Game and book one anyone know whats the minimum deposit in game for the Cod elite?

Just booked one for my son and the deposit is €20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

ShaneU wrote: »
    Ah the good old 10% extra Irish tax :mad: €300 everywhere else in Europe probably.

No, it's definitely 300 euro. (at least in GAME anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭the-lad

Does this mean with trade-ins it's possible to get it for approx €150
    ala http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055664327 ?

Advertisement