Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish mountain forecast?

Options
  • 28-08-2009 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi I was wondering is there anywhere I can get a local mountain forecast?

I've seen the one on accuweather ,but.. its not great. Or is there anywhere where you can put in a specific altitude and get a forecast for that?

I know this is a long shot but is there anyone who those a forecast for cloud top altitude?

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,517 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Did you want this on a regular basis, or for one occasion? If it's one occasion, we could give it a try here (name the mountain and the time, obviously).

Regular basis, once you've mentioned the mountain(s) of interest, we could provide some ideas about how to interpret low-elevation forecasts to higher elevations, but I imagine you have worked a lot of that out already.

Will have a look in later this evening in case it's tomorrow you're asking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭kindredspirit

The only way I know of to get heights of cloud base layers is on the TAFS & Metars from airport sites.

e.g. http://en.allmetsat.com/metar-taf/united-kingdom-ireland.php?icao=EINN for Shannon airport.

But as you know, the weather can be totally different on one side of a mountain to the other. We were on Galteemoor last weekend and the downdraft on the northern side was unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ECO_WARRIOR

Thanks for the help , I'll make a thread when the time comes,

Thanks again.

Advertisement