Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Please......M.Ed/PGD dilemma!

Options
  • 28-08-2009 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi there.....I am hoping someone will be able to offer some advise on a little dilemma I am having! I have been on an M.Ed programme since September 2008. Thesis was due this month but due to a disatrous year on a personal level I found myself falling behind and needing to apply for an extension until the end of Novemeber. No problems there and thankfully personal issues are sorted also. Problem is I applied for another PGD in counselling which I really wanted to do. This is what I have worked towards for the last few years and my thesis was on a counselling related topic in the hope it would assist me getting a place on this post grad. I got offered the place on the post grad and I am now in a right mess.

What I want to know firstly is, can you be enrolled on two courses at once??? Both courses are part time and I work short hours so it would be possible to try and complete the thesis (not easy or ideal i know) and start the post grad. Or should I drop the M.Ed? And concentrate on the PG which will get me work??

I am ashamed to say that I have only paid half the fees as of yet for the M.Ed (again personal issues) but I now have finance arranged to pay the rest and also for the PGD if need be. I don't know where not completing the thesis/M.Ed would leave me in relation to the payment I owe. So this is another factor to consider. Also, I have a fair amount of work done on the thesis but still a long way to go.

Apologies for the long and confusing post......if anyone has any advise or experience of this type of situation I would be very, very grateful. I am so confused! Thanks in advance. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Have you thought about deferring the counselling PGD till next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Saffy09

Hi there......thanks for the reply. I did think about deferring the post grad but it only comes up every two years and I really don't want to push it out that long. I am pushing on myself!!!!

Advertisement