Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dangerous footpaths

Options
  • 28-08-2009 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

i would like to get some feedback on this please.i know we [irish]are known for our lay-d back ways o gan nan and all that.but why cant they[builders/council ] get it right when it comes to the crossing points of footpaths.ie ;why isnt it set in stone ,excuse the pun.that paths are lowered at the point that is demed to be a safe xing point.in order that people in wheelchairs,people with prams can exit one path and enter another without near killing themselves .I took a stroll through UCHG today and passed where the new car park is.the paths arent lowered.whas gan an lads?and in the grounds of a hospital as well.christ its simple,,,isnt it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

that would require planning, organisation and foresight.
    everything irish public officials lack...

drive instead??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

After much concentration trying to decipher your attempt at English, There are planning rules for all new footpaths to be lowered at designated crossing points, are you sure you were at a designated crossing point and not at a point convenient for you? It doesnt have to be every corner etc. which new car park are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭biffoman

you can have a go at my so called bad english but thats not what im on about.theres only one new car park in the hospital.just down from the rear entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Webbs is right though, please try to spell check your posts as it's hard to read.
    whas gan an lads = What's going on ?

As to the footpaths, I agree, they should be lowered at entry points for prams and wheelchairs. Particularly around old folks homes and hospitals - all they really need to do is slant the curb a bit, nothing major.

I don't see the "danger" element here, unless you mean a wheelchair could tip over?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭biffoman

granted.but twas buildas speek sir...

• Advertisement
Advertisement