Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs vs Birmingham City [match thread]

Options
  • 28-08-2009 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

From the Beeb:
    TEAM NEWS

Tottenham came through their Carling Cup match with Doncaster without any new injury worries.

Young goalkeeper David Button will continue on the bench as cover for Carlo Cudicini.

Birmingham's Kevin Phillips (back) and Keith Fahey (bereavement) return to the squad after missing the midweek Carling Cup win over Southampton.

Gregory Vignal could return from a hip injury, or else former Spurs defender Stephen Carr will stay at left-back.

Tottenham Hotspur

Suspended: None Doubtful: None

Injured: Bale (foot), Dawson (Achilles), Gomes (thigh), Jenas (calf), Woodgate (groin).

Birmingham City

Suspended: None Doubtful: Vignal (hip)

Injured: Bent (hamstring), Dann (groin), Jerome (ankle), Johnson (unspecified), Murphy (fractured kneecap), Mutch (ankle), Ridgewell (broken leg), Taylor (ankle).

A return to the side that started vs West Ham I imagine, though the official site says BAE will have a late fitness test.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I think this is a big big game.

I'll be happy with three points in any fashion imaginable.

I'll predict a 2-1 win Defoe and Hud.

COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I know I'm going to say this a lot this season, but this is definitely a big game. Our form at home since Harry took over would make us big favourites for a win here, and our form this season would add to that, so hopefully we'll continue as we started.

The international break comes straight after this match so it would be really nice for the team and us if we were still top of the table when United come to WHL.

So, I'm hoping for (not quite expecting) a decent win: 3 - 0, Defoe, Keane and Huddlestone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm getting cockey now,I'll go for 3-0 also,keane,lennon,defoe...:cool: COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

should be able to get there about 1pm ish, so will meet up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Will see you then mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

King's injury is a big loss. I think Corluka has gone into back four. Keane does not seem to be fully at the races. Hopefully he shoves this criticism back to me with a goal:D

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

get in there crouch - as a doubter of why harry bought him , i think he's been excellent since he came on today

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

Typical spurs

Much chance of a winner?? My stream is gone.

• Advertisement

Get In You Dancer Lennon. Talk about tempting fate:D

I see Roman got the assist. I really hope we hold onto him, class imo and gives us real options. What a relief, looking forward to hearing match reports. Chelsea just holding us off on goal difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS....Hopefully the 2 week international break will sort out the ledders. Bring on utd in a forthnight.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

absolutely fcuking fantastic win.
    last gasp 3pts after nearly throwing it away.
    so happy - think I need a drink :)

COYS

Really was. So many of those have gone against us. I am trying not too get too cocky but goals are coming from everywhere too. Delighted for lennon, he really is hitting a bit of form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great to win 4 in a row,had a bit of luck today but you need that going your way aswell,Lennon is looking even sharper than last season which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

great result again. I was out in the pub yesterday for my birthday and i never though i'd see the day i'd care about the result a united arsenal game cause it effects us.

Modric bit of a loss but at least its only the six weeks and there is the break this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Great win, from reading reports thoroughly deserved over 90mins. Great to see us grabbing the late winner for a change!! Came at a cost with Modric & Leds, hope we recover from there loss for Man U, Chelsea. Good to see Crouch come on and make a difference - 4 headers on target in 30mins! Lennon sounds like he's on fire!

Everything going perfectly except for the injuries. Four out of four! Keep it up Spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Delighted with the win but gutted that I missed the winner.

We left the stadium two minutes into additional time. Was just approaching the corner of Paxton Road when the roar of the crowd went up. Was funny seeing all the early leavers jumping and dancing along the High Road when realising we had nicked a winner.

Advertisement