Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Hill: Homecoming (PC) -- ARRRGHHHH!!!

Options
  • 28-08-2009 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭

What a disaster of a game! 50% of the time is taken up with loading screens, and when you are killed, it has to load the whole thing in again from scratch, which takes forever. And during the actual play time, the game keeps freezing (for as long as a minute at a time), and the frame rate frequently drops to around 15fps (no other game does-- I've a powerful system). Also, the game assigns the wrong labels to the buttons of the Xbox 360 controller I'm using, which is very confusing (for instance, the game tells me to press a red coloured "1" button instead of the green coloured "A" button).

Plus the dialogue and half of the rest of the audio comes from one side (could be left or right... it varies). I hear there is a workaround where you set your PC to 5.1, even if you don't have a 5.1 system connected. **** that!

And the game itself is badly designed! I'm a very experienced gamer, and I had to re-play it up to a certain point because I ran out of health packs, was close to dead, and had to fight boss. And what is with that
    picture puzzle in the attic?
    Feck around with pieces too much and there's no hope of solving it! And now I'm on a boss that simply does not give you a chance.
    One bear hug and you're finished, despite hammering the button the game told you.

This is one of the most badly ported, badly programmed and badly designed games I've ever played. It runs like a hacked/emulated Xbox 360 game that was shoved into a PC. Seriously, do they not use play-testers?? What is wrong with Konami?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Can you invert the aim?

I have the ps3 version and stopped playing it soon after release cause i couldn't invert the aim. Well i could select to invert the aim but it didn't work :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Yeah I can

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

Sorry to hear you had a negative experience with this game on PC, I played it through on 360 and enjoyed every second of it.
    But I'm a huge Silent Hill fanboy. :D

You're a Silent Hill fanboy? Guess who's dressing up as Pyramid Head this Halloween! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

You're a Silent Hill fanboy? Guess who's dressing up as Pyramid Head this Halloween! :D

Oh lawdy! Be sure to post photos, I've never seen a decent go at that costume in Ireland. :D

• Advertisement

Ok so I'm near the end of the game, in the middle of an important moment, when the game decides to allow a screensaver to pop on. WTF????? Needless to say the game crashed. I'm counting the seconds until this buggy game in finished!

Thanks, Konami, for screwing PC users.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Ok so I'm near the end of the game, in the middle of an important moment, when the game decides to allow a screensaver to pop on. WTF?????

haha, classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,926 ✭✭✭✭briany

True and you can pretty much forget about playing this game with a keyboard and mouse set up too.....

Advertisement