Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden floor issues

Options
  • 28-08-2009 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi all!

If there is a floor expert out there, please help!!!
    I am renovating an old house and I have litterally hit a wall with the floors! They are gorgeous wooden floors but I am not sure whats been done underneath them and dont know what should be done with them. I want to keep them, but I also intend my house to be as energy efficient as possible. I have lifted a couple of boards, and there is a black paint on sealant directly on the concrete, and the boards nailed down directly as well.
    There is a little bit of damp in the house, but it is not rising damp (coming from a faulty chimney), and the floor could be damp from nobody living there for a few years.? I will only know once I have the heat on for a bit I suppose.

What are your suggestions regarding damp proofing, sealing, ventilating, insulation, etc.

I would really appreciate any expert advice!!!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭freefromgov

Hi I am considered by most that know me to be an expert in relation to wooden Flooring. If you wish you can contact me on skype just search for user "spoonogsback" in Ireland send me a request to add to contacts and I may be able to assist you.
    Kind regards Vincent

Advertisement