Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whether/How to Cook Wheaty (the vegan way) Smoked Steak?

Options
  • 28-08-2009 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

Hope I get some advice/opinions on this:

Thanks to the wonderful help of Sweet Rasmus I have bought some lovely fake meat products in Nourish in Dublin. This includes a "Smoked Steak" from a company called "Wheaty".

There is no info on the packet about how to cook it, or even if it needs to be cooked! I have no clue what to do with it. I checked the company website but it just lists the products and gives nutritional information and ingredients for each.

Anyone familiar with the product have any advice?

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Um I'm not sure I've had it or what it looks likie but frying generally does these things well!
    Not sure if oven is suitable tastewise, but usually is. I'd say fry it, it won't take too long, let me know if it's yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I agree withh Tar. Fry slices of it. Or eat it raw :) Tastes different both ways. The possibilities are endless!

Which nourish was this? This is something I havent seen before.
    I had vegideli cowgirl steaks recently, purely because the name made me snigger. They were actually nice :)

You can grill or bake either Miss Lockhart. Any which way you please really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I had vegideli cowgirl steaks recently, purely because the name made me snigger. They were actually nice :)

where were these please?

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    where were these please?

My healthfood shop just orders me anything I want.
    They are actually Viana though.

http://www.veganstore.com/viana-cowgirl-veggie-steaks/Page_1/557st.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement