Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoked Salmon

Options
  • 28-08-2009 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭

I have a piece of smoked salmon - it's use by is up today, any suggestions for what I should do with it(i.e how it's best served)?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Take Tuc cracker, apply cream cheese (e.g. philadelphia), add a sliver of smoked salmon, a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon and welcome to munchie heaven.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, smoked salmon and cream cheese go great together.

Alternatively, get some good prawns and some baby spinach. Layer spinach, prawns and slivers of salmon onto cocktail sticks. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

My favourite receipe for smoked salmon is as follows......get some thick chunky brown bread (or toast even). Layer the smoked salmon over the brown bread, chop a smidgen of (red) onion and some cheese (cheddar, whatsever to hand) and place over the smoked salmon.

Heat under the grill for a few minutes, till melted. Let the smoked salmon cook...it will literally turn a pale colour. A squeeze of lemon and cracked black pepper to finish it off.
    Delish!

Alternatively try it with stir fry....just pop in at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Tasty with some cream and herbs as a past sauce. Do a boards search and you will get lots of ideas from previous posts

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

I really love Clodagh McKenna's recipe for smoked salmon mousse. I have been addicted to it ever since my friend got me the book for my birthday!!

The recipe is online here if your interested, tis really yummy :-)

http://supervalu.ie/fresh_ideas/clodaghs_cooking_demos.620.550.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I found out that Smoked Salmon goes with;
    Brown bread (fresh from super valu yum) and Sour cream and chive dip from M&S, sundried tomato, mozerella, olives and feta, coleslaw, chips! tartar sauce, red onion and iceberg lettuce and lemon..... It was delicious I'll be trying it again using some of the suggestions above also.
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Simple but so good: get yourself some fresh brown bread, some butter and some lemon juice, and you're good to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

i actually just had a recipe from weight watchers, smoked salmon on a bagel with cream cheese and tomatos.. gorgeous! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Scrambled egg and smoked salmon is the business.

Advertisement