Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Push Scooters on campus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

You'll be cool. You should definitly bring it. I have never said anything with more certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Depends how odd you are in general, Baza210 on the TCD forum scoots around and gets away with it, but he's......a stable human being :pac:

(In all seriousness though, he seems like a lovely guy!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Total babe magnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

You'd need to pimp it up a bit with some side mirrors and flashing lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

Fringe wrote: »
    You'd need to pimp it up a bit with some side mirrors and flashing lights.
    Like this:
    mod-oa.jpg

except on a push scooter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

I wouldn't fancy going around the campus on one of those.

I've never seen one around UCD before, and I'd say you'd earn yourself a nickname like "Scootah" or something equally cool. It'd probably attract all the wrong kind of attention from the groups of jocks migrating to UCD from private schools.

Also there's a fair few steps around, and when the ground gets wet and slippy (and the wind starts - oh god the wind!) you'll be falling all over the place.

When the weathers nice, and if you're comfortable enough with any stigma that comes with it then go for it. Otherwise, it's not a form of transport that gets seen around campus and will definitely stand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Too many steps and you'll look like a bit of a knob with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

I'd think it'd be teh most amazing thing that anyone has ever done so i say freakin go for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

They are as common as drunk lecturers!:pac:

Na I wouldnt be bringing that with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Better off with roller blades me thinks, but neither are perfect...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

There are way too many steps and loose flag stones in UCD for this to be a good idea IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

If you bring a scooter to UCD... nobody would care, you'd look like a ponce but it's UCD!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

K4t wrote: »
    These yokes:http://d3f8w3yx9w99q2.cloudfront.net/1216/viza-viza-153-kikit-push-scooter/viza-viza-153-kikit-push-scooter_0_0.jpg

I found one in my shed yesterday and have been zooming around the yard in it and so naturally thought it could be a great means of transport in university. Are they common in UCD? What would be the general reaction to me flying around on one? I could bring a bicycle but I am really beginning to grow attached to the scooter. Thanks.

That is a brilliant idea! If it fits into a locker you should definitely do it. Handy for transporting yourself around college and easy to store beside you when you sit down.
    The only thing is that around the centre part of campus the pavements are made of blocks which, by now, are cracked/uneven and very dangerous if you had a scooter. It could be a civil law case waiting to happen
    i.e. €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ for you if you had an accident whilst rolling around on the scooter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Maybe a few of us could drag our old scooters out of the shed and form our own scooter gang?

Anyone who laughs at us we could kick the **** out of. Were a gang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Maybe a few of us could drag our old scooters out of the shed and form our own scooter gang?

Anyone who laughs at us we could kick the **** out of. Were a gang.
    They even fold into a convenient bludgeoning device. :D

ozbozz-scooter.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I considered bringing mine up when I started, went for the bike instead. I still regret it*

*May not be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

^ You could get jackets. Like the T Birds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 woo_college

why are u posting in the ucd forum when you are going to maynooth?

btw you'll look great on the scooter!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭cats-pyjamas

Go for it. Watch out for the loose paving slabs though. There are plenty of steps but there are also ramps. Just don't use it inside!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

why are u posting in the ucd forum when you are going to maynooth?

btw you'll look great on the scooter!!:eek:
    Being the attention whore that I am, I felt UCD would be the best forum for this thread. Plus I feel like I'm going to UCD for some reason. Can't explain it at all.

The bumpy pavements in UCD would make it awkward alright for a scooter. You'd want to be getting a lot of air time on your tricks to lessen the uncomfortable vibrating.

• Advertisement
Advertisement