Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Options for HDMI output

• 28-08-2009 7:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

I've currently got a older 360 and use a VGA cable to output to a 27" Dell monitor. I send the audio via the optical to a separate speaker. I'm thinking of getting an new 360 with HDMI output.

What are peoples experiences with using HDMi when they are sending to a separate speaker? I heard you have to use the VGA cable for this.

Also is there a noticeable quality difference going from VGA to HDMI?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

grizzly wrote: »
    I've currently got a older 360 and use a VGA cable to output to a 27" Dell monitor. I send the audio via the optical to a separate speaker. I'm thinking of getting an new 360 with HDMI output.

What are peoples experiences with using HDMi when they are sending to a separate speaker? I heard you have to use the VGA cable for this.

Also is there a noticeable quality difference going from VGA to HDMI?

Thanks

Why don't you continue using your current set-up? I bought a new HDMI model a couple of months ago but stilluse my VGA cable with the optical out. To the best om my knowledge if you want to get 5.1 from your XBox using an HDMI cable you need to buy a special adaptor (apparently comes with the offifcal HDMI cable http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardware/Accessory/~r332683/360-HDMI-Cable/). Don't think there is any other way in getting sound from the system, bar from the HDMI cable itself (I'm assuming that your monitor does not have speakers).

In terms of visual quality I really don't think there'll be much of a discernable difference. I used my PS3 for months with a component cable. Switched to a HDMI after that. Didn't notice any difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Yeah, I may just keep on rocking with the VGA setup when I get a new machine. It's the big nerd in me that wants the best setup even if the difference is practically unnoticeable.

Advertisement