Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodworking Books - get buried in your work.

Options
  • 28-08-2009 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭

Found this one on the web, not a recommendation but perhaps an interesting thought provoking coffee table book for those who like to think about the future and really want to get buried in their work, for something more Fancy try here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Jaysus, thats fierce morbid!! :P, interesting all the same!

On the topic of coffins, I heard on the radio the other morning (I was half asleep at this stage) that some guy was talking about 'eco coffins', and how someone he knew had been buried in a wicker one, he mentioned how there was no one producing them here and that it'd be a great idea for a small business! Sounds like a deadly idea to me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Perhaps you'd want to take it off the coffee table when the mother-in-law comes round, otherwise she might get the wrong idea:P

Also heard about the woven wicker eco coffins, available in the UK but will be a while here, some attitudes change very slowly - as I always say what would the neighbors think :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

If you want to see some crazy coffins, here's a link to a site of a company I saw a program on the telly about just the other week ...

http://www.crazycoffins.co.uk/gallery1.html

I love the skip one .. very apt .. apparently it was ordered by the owner of a skip company :)

Personally, I think the most eco-friendly way of being disposed of is a method they've introduced in Sweden, where they freeze dry you, grind you up into a powder and then use you as fertilizer for a newly planted tree in a special garden of rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Actually building my own coffin is something I've often thought about, well,after I've been to a funeral.How much would I save,„€1000,€2000.Only problem is I could end up on the floor when they lift the coffin into the hearse,judging by my past project examples :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Interesting stuff; my great grandfather was an undertaker (and made his own coffins) so maybe I should do a little digging of my own (groan)!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hell Toupee

If you think wicker coffins are are a good idea you're a basket case.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ronboy

What do you do if you turn into a big fat slob after you have it made..:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

ronboy wrote: »
    What do you do if you turn into a big fat slob after you have it made..:p:p:p

Gift for the mother in law?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ronboy

Gift for the mother in law?

Jayses Jack I think if I gave her that I'd be talking to St Peter fairly quick..:D:D

Advertisement