Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Super Cup Final - Barcelona v Shakhtar Donetsk (live RTE 2, KO 7:45pm)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

that was fair dirty by Messi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

Messi....disgusting.......throwing the loaf...not what I expect from UEFA's favourite player....poor ambassador....a ban on the way? i don't think so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Is now a good time to air a few little criticisms of Messi? I was shot down before for even suggesting he has flaws.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Is now a good time to air a few little criticisms of Messi? I was shot down before for even suggesting he has flaws.:P

should have seen red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Awful rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Being a bit of knob there Messi tbf

I was shot down before for even suggesting he has flaws.:P

Messi does not have any flaws;). He is UEFA's poster boy. How can someone with such commercial appeal do wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Good call by Gustavo Poyet. "If it was another player then it would have been a red card."

We will get some bullsh!t from UEFA saying that they will take no further action as the referee did not see or mention it in his match report.

Move On.....Move On....Nothing to see here

• Advertisement

nothing will come of it because there wasn't a English club involved :rolleyes:

We will get some bullsh!t from UEFA saying that they will take no further action as the referee did not see or mention it in his match report.

Video evidence is good enough for some incidents so why not Messi throwing his head around.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Good call by Gustavo Poyet. "If it was another player then it would have been a red card."

If the ref saw enough to give a yellow he saw enough to give a red.:mad:

Oh, and no right foot.
    :p

If i am denied a penalty shootout after sitting through 105 minutes of this then :mad:

Peno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

ref says dive. two game ban.

• Advertisement

LOL at the fact that UEFA will do **** all about it. If they do then I apologise for this post. Highly unlikely though.

just no consistency with refs these days

If i am denied a penalty shootout after sitting through 105 minutes of this then :mad:

:mad:

Messi shouldve been sent off anyway

YOU *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pedro you diving bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Headshot wrote: »

and not a mention of it from George Hamilton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

ah crap.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

great littel goal there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

Why couldn't the do that on eighty five minutes? What a waste of an evening.

ffs. was a penalty shootout too much to ask for:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

...I can no longer see?

LOL at the fact that UEFA will do **** all about it. If they do then I apologise for this post. Highly unlikely though.

They don't need to do anything about it because no penalty was awarded. Just like the law courts - the consequences of the crime are a factored in the punishment.

Next time a blatant dive wins a penalty will be the time to see if UEFA are going to be consistant, or not, imo.

Ps nice goal

Namlub wrote: »
    ...I can no longer see?

It's ok. That'll be the beginning of the smokescreen put up by UEFA ;)

OPENROAD wrote: »
    and not a mention of it from George Hamilton
    Obviously, he's too busy drooling over Barca...

"What headbutt?"

"Unfortunately all camera footage of the alleged incident was obscured by Shaktar Donetsk fans' flares, which has resulted in a ban from all future UEFA events for the club."
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Pro. F wrote: »
    They don't need to do anything about it because no penalty was awarded.

It is still attempting to deceive the referee, which I believe is what Eduardo has been charged with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Can't believe I sat through 120mins of that. It's a measure of how bored I was.
    I really can't stand Ibrahamovic is my main conclusion from the evening.

Gah, the hand-shaking. It's hardly the CL...
    /bitterness

It is still attempting to deceive the referee, which I believe is what Eduardo has been charged with.

yeah i agree the wording 'attempting' is a bit problematic but as i said - imo, factoring in the consequences/result of the action, when deciding whether to punish or not, is reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I knew I made the right decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

cashback wrote: »
    I really can't stand Ibrahamovic is my main conclusion from the evening.

He was rubbish tonight ,kept on trying one twos and made a balls of them.

If you're bored have a watch of Keita and debate with me whether United should have made a bid for him this summer. I've been thinking he might be worth a punt. He's always going to be down the pecking order at Barca, might blossom at United though.
    well
    since headshot didn't bother to respond to this (:p) i'll make my own response -
    Keita looked very un-interested and lazy tonight. Although I suppose it wasn't a good game to judge a player in.

well
    since headshot didn't bother to respond to this (:p) i'll make my own response -
    Keita looked very un-interested and lazy tonight. Although I suppose it wasn't a good game to judge a player in.

tbh mate I was in and out of the game so much I didnt really keep an eye on him

according to RTE commentary that Shakhtars CB Dmytro Chyhrynskiy is off to barca

25m euro i hear

great deal of money,is he any good ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

He wasn't great tonight, although maybe not the best game to judge him in. I'd agree with Kenny(who's a deadly analyst by the way, the man knows how to assess defending, even Johnny bows to him on it) that he's maybe been bought with an eye to replacing Puyol down the line. Or maybe because of Milito, who could be done because of his injuries.

• Advertisement

tbh mate I was in and out of the game so much I didnt really keep an eye on him
    I'll let ya off then ;)
    according to RTE commentary that Shakhtars CB Dmytro Chyhrynskiy is off to barca

25m euro i hear

great deal of money,is he any good ?

Don't remember seeing him being put on the spot at any time so couldn't say he did anything amazing. Looked comfortable enough which is good. I'd need to see him in a game where he was being put under more pressure tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Messi will be huge in next world cup. But will defenders seek to draw him out. he has a temper quite clearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Messi's newfound ego is a little worrying, I just hope it drives him on rather than going the way of Ronaldinho. People writing off Ibrahimovic after playing 2 competitive games is pretty laugable too. Why did the camera focus on Messi when the goal was scored btw, poor Pedro. Sh*te game, but another trophy to add to the collection, come on the sextuple... :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

eZe^ wrote: »
    Messi's newfound ego is a little worrying, I just hope it drives him on rather than going the way of Ronaldinho. People writing off Ibrahimovic after playing 2 competitive games is pretty laugable too. Why did the camera focus on Messi when the goal was scored btw, poor Pedro. Sh*te game, but another trophy to add to the collection, come on the sextuple... :pac::pac:
    yes saw that. Petro scores a great goal and they all focus in on Messi and putting his name up after as if he had scored the goal.

Advertisement