Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too much Dishonesty

Options
  • 28-08-2009 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

OK i had a sat organised for tonite for a seat to the ladbrokes event in Killarney ( it should hopefully get 10 runners)
    I was hopeing for more but it seem's that Hibernian Poker were kind enough to organise yet another game tonite 10 mins away from the club . I think this is totally ridiculous and sad on their behalf that every time i try to run a sat or a game of any sort that they feel they have to do this .

I would have thought with all that is happening in waterford and cork with rival opperators that lesson's would have been learned elsewhere, Obviously not.
    How niaeve of me , I actually sent out txt's to my customers last week for the monaghan masters which was being run by Hibernian and this is the thank's i get . I even keep my club closed on a tuesday out of curtesy as they have run a game in the local hotel b4 i opened the club
    Well thank you very much Mick. With friends like this who needs enemies.

Why cant people just just be honest???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Would you not be better off ringing the head of Hibernian Poker and saying all this to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

jgrn830l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Would you not be better off ringing the head of Hibernian Poker and saying all this to him?
    Yes i did , and we had a discussion and it seem's the head of hibernian poker thinks that this will not effect my numbers at all . Seriously how could it not .
    It is totally vindictive in my eyes and just sad really . Anyway goodluck to him in all his future events

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

P1140727c+(Small).JPG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Threaten to rip his head off, you like to do that don't ya?

• Advertisement

CHD wrote: »
    Threaten to rip his head off, you like to do that don't ya?
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭percy007

Close this before the Cork lads and a sh1t load of new accounts get involved :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Are those my feet imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Ridic op Damo imo. Trying to shame another poker room for having a game that clashes with yours is wrong. Doesnt matter if youve made their path easier by closing tuesday or whatever other favours youve done them in the past. Fratenising in the poker 'industry' hoping for favours in return will only lead to acrimony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Would you like your relationship with Hibernian to be better or worse?

Is this thread going to make your relationship with them better or worse?

Was this thread a good idea or did you harm your future relationship with them for the sake of a few seconds of stress relief merely because you were angry?

Business tilt imo.

Here's business tip for poker room operators in one horse towns: If you ever go to a circus and more clowns get out of a clown car than your average number of customers at any one time, fold.

• Advertisement

Ridic op Damo imo. Trying to shame another poker room for having a game that clashes with yours is wrong. Doesnt matter if youve made their path easier by closing tuesday or whatever other favours youve done them in the past. Fratenising in the poker 'industry' hoping for favours in return will only lead to acrimony.
    I probably posted this here in the heat of the moment, but the fact still remains that every time i try to do something to try and get a few extra players in to the club this man feel's that he has to do something to impede it .
    I have supported and promoted him in all his games .Heck i dont think there is a promoter in the country that i havent been to at least 1 of their tourney's. I just don't know why he has to be so devious and feel that
    he has to do something to stop players coming into my club.
    I should probably pull my horns in when stuff like this happens and not be so quick with the keyboard . Im relatively new to this industry in terms of running poker games , so i guess i will just have to learn from this experience and from now on fight fire with fire.

PS. I was in no way trying to shame them. This game was organised today and txts sent out at 1pm today. Also they are not a poker room , they are a mobile unit with games all over Cavan /Longford and recently Monaghan so there was no need to do this tonite.

hotspur wrote: »
    Would you like your relationship with Hibernian to be better or worse?

Is this thread going to make your relationship with them better or worse?

Was this thread a good idea or did you harm your future relationship with them for the sake of a few seconds of stress relief merely because you were angry?

Business tilt imo.

Here's business tip for poker room operators in one horse towns: If you ever go to a circus and more clowns get out of a clown car than your average number of customers at any one time, fold.
    This has definately made my relationship with them very bad and thats the way it's going to stay.
    We had planned to do an Ulster open together next year along with bigslick, but i will not be having any part of it now if they are involved.
    I would have prefared if they had been fair with me and we could have had a good future together in the northeast , but pure greed has taken care of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

been in the same business as other people can sometimes open up your eyes as to what people will do to enhance there own and at the same time try to bring down the other guy . if we all work together u never know we might all actually get on and everyone make a crust .:rolleyes:

ps its not those who are at the party who give out its those not invited

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Mr. Wolf

I really don't think that a public forum is the place to discuss this Damo, thats why I sent you a text asking would you meet up for a pint. Just to set the record straight though Hibernian Poker DID NOT have a game tonight in Monaghan, Cross border Poker (a fund raiser operation based in Cootehill, running the Cross Border Poker Classic in November) had a game in Castleblaney and asked could we provide a dealer and to advertise the game on their behalf.
    Since Hibernian Poker will be running the main event in November I genuinely thought that it would be no harm texting players in our Monaghan database about this game.
    The event in Banditz Poker Room was a satellite for Killarney, the event in Castleblaney was a €35 freeze-out satellite for the Cross border game.
    As it happens NOT ONE player came from Monaghan town, there were 16 local guys that showed up, none of whom I am fairly sure would have played in Monaghan for a ticket to Killarney.

Mr. Wolf wrote: »
    I really don't think that a public forum is the place to discuss this Damo, thats why I sent you a text asking would you meet up for a pint. Just to set the record straight though Hibernian Poker DID NOT have a game tonight in Monaghan, Cross border Poker (a fund raiser operation based in Cootehill, running the Cross Border Poker Classic in November) had a game in Castleblaney and asked could we provide a dealer and to advertise the game on their behalf.
    Since Hibernian Poker will be running the main event in November I genuinely thought that it would be no harm texting players in our Monaghan database about this game.
    The event in Banditz Poker Room was a satellite for Killarney, the event in Castleblaney was a €35 freeze-out satellite for the Cross border game.
    As it happens NOT ONE player came from Monaghan town, there were 16 local guys that showed up, none of whom I am fairly sure would have played in Monaghan for a ticket to Killarney.
    You can paint it up whatever way you want Mick, it all boils down to the same thing. It has become too much of a coincidence that this keeps happening , so carry on my friend . I will just have to learn to adapt to the way i think about the business end of things from now on and forget about so called friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

where's monaghan? Dublin 8?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

DAMO72 wrote: »
    I probably posted this here in the heat of the moment, but the fact still remains that every time i try to do something to try and get a few extra players in to the club this man feel's that he has to do something to impede it .
    I have supported and promoted him in all his games .Heck i dont think there is a promoter in the country that i havent been to at least 1 of their tourney's. I just don't know why he has to be so devious and feel that
    he has to do something to stop players coming into my club.
    I should probably pull my horns in when stuff like this happens and not be so quick with the keyboard . Im relatively new to this industry in terms of running poker games , so i guess i will just have to learn from this experience and from now on fight fire with fire.

PS. I was in no way trying to shame them. This game was organised today and txts sent out at 1pm today. Also they are not a poker room , they are a mobile unit with games all over Cavan /Longford and recently Monaghan so there was no need to do this tonite.
    Read the first line. Think before you post imo. If i can you should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Its not sad or ridiculous. Its pretty normal actually. They're just trying to increase their profit, and complaining about that is just silly. Instead, try to think what you can do to increase profit, rather than complain about your competitors decisions.
    hotspur wrote:

A+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

It's dogeatdogeatdogeatdog leap frog the dog, sock it to me daddio

There deffo should be a ranting corner on this forum other than the BBV.

Damo ignore all these lads let's fk these hiberno guys up, I've been cooked up for too long and need a scrap, just one small thing, are there any big Damo types working for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I hear what your saying Damo but after reading the OP if i was a TD id be wary about you running satellites for one of my games because i would feel obliged to return the favour, schedule games to avoid yours and be generally watching myself for fear of falling foul. Everyone should just look after their own business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭The Istanbul

I hear what your saying Damo but after reading the OP if i was a TD id be wary about you running satellites for one of my games because i would feel obliged to return the favour, schedule games to avoid yours and be generally watching myself for fear of falling foul. Everyone should just look after their own business.

Nicely put

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

%7B78F655C3-CE55-4384-BB07-A0A99EA06DA8%7DImg100.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sort it out between yourselves. You can't use boards to talk about this imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement