Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aptus Broadband, Carlow/kilkenny, Question

Options
  • 28-08-2009 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi guys ive recently had aptus rural broadband installed in my home in carlow,its called the rural broadband package you can view on there site www.aptus.ie its pretty consistent and it is 3mb download, 384k upload. i have an xbox 360 in the house and i can connect to xbox live send messages etc etc but CANNOT accept private chats and cannot seem to join games or anything i thought at first it may be my router so i plugged the internet straight in, is there anyone out there who can help me as its very frustrating to think i cant access xbox live even though everything seems to work im actually stumped, could it be that my upload speed is too slow?? i thought it woul be sufficient , does anyone have any past experience with this? thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Sounds like a NAT/port forwarding problem. You might want to ask Aptus to forward whatever ports XBox Live needs in the CPE or even their AP etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No need to have 2 threads for the same question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement