Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FM 104's History making give away!!!!

• 28-08-2009 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Is it just me who feels a little cheated by the so called biggest ever competition on Irish radio as blagged on FM 104 the last two weeks! They are giveing away a house! Didnt they do that before??? So where is the history making in that? Dont get me wrong, its a super prize, but its hardly making history now is it, they are off loading a house that the developer couldnt sell anyways. Its even more interesting that they have not put a value on this prize! lol maybe jobs in NAMA for the boys if they can put a value on it!

High profile jocks on the station have already called some people on Facebook 'Gob****es' for putting a negitive spin on the competition. But come on seriously, is running a competion that was run before giving away a house when the housing market is in melt down really all that impressive for a station like FM 104.

I am their target market and i aint all that blown away by it to be honest.

Let me go on record now stating i do not work for any other station at all and i actually do listen to 104 from time to time. Ben Murray is grest on it and the overnights with Mel are funny.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It's an amazing prize especially considering the current climate. Here's a chance for someone, presumably in their younger target market, to win something via the radio that'll set them up for life. They're giving people an opportunity that, in this day and age, they wouldn't have had otherwise.

That's pretty huge to me.

Is it the biggest prize ever as billed? Maybe, maybe not. But welcome to the weird and wonderful world of marketing.

I presume the indignance on their part comes because they can't see WHY people would have a problem with them giving a way a house! What will they ever give away next? A private jet! The scabby bastards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jedbartlet

Im hearing you Leggo! i just thought it would have been soemthing they didnt do before thats all. And it because of the current market situation that i think the value (not cash value, just exposure / marketing value) is cheapened.

That prize is great, and no doubt their will be plenty of hoops to be jumped through to win it etc etc. But given the hype i really thought they would have put there thinking caps on a bit!

On a side note... if you are an existing home owner and you win this prize the stamp duty implications are massive! if you sell it you will have to pay tax on the proceeds! And even if you are a young couple who win, living in the middle of blanchardstown will only appeal to some people.

But your right its a fantasitc prize, i could not agree with you more.

My gripe is not with the prize, its more the lack of orignal thinking on behalf of the station. But i guess i should not be suprised its the same old rubbish that trashed out by the same over used presenters day after day. ireland is just not a place for cutting edge personality driven radio!

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

I think the point the orginal op is making is that they have already run this as a prize. before I go on, yes it a great prize. but when they were advertising it as the biggest prize they have ever done I was thinking gosh what could it be. they have already given a house away (I think it was in Tyreelstown wrong spelling I know), have given chances to be on tv shows, going to three concerts in three different continents etc. so they were billing this as been even bigger than these.

they have already run this as a prize so no, it's not the biggest prize they have ever given away. actually the house in tyreelstown would have been worth more years ago. when i heard this I too thought didnt they already have this as a prize.

they should have perhaps advertiesed it as round two of the biggest prize they have already given away. fair play to them too - it is a fantastic prize.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

Is it sponsored by NAMA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Terri26 wrote: »
    they have already run this as a prize so no, it's not the biggest prize they have ever given away.

Maybe it's a bigger house.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It is a bigger house, the property they gave away in Tyrelstown was a duplex. This is a townhouse with a back garden and everything. Still they have given away a house before. I
    was saying the exact same thing to my boyfriend in the car the other day... They've already given away a house, what could it be this time???

Suppose, they did get people interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

leggo wrote: »

That's pretty huge to me.

Me too. A house is a house, a great prize indeed. But thats not the problem as detailed in the OP.
    leggo wrote: »
    Is it the biggest prize ever as billed? Maybe, maybe not.

THAT'S the problem.

There's an element of hyperbole, and lets be honest here, a lack of truthfulness in the advertising. If they say "It's something we've never done before - a prize unlike any other" and the prize in question is actually 'just' "a more expensive house than we gave away last time" (although adjusted for the current economic climate, it's probably actually worth less on the market today than the first house they gave away was at the time...), then there's grounds to be annoyed with their marketing people, because they've misled the listeners and failed the station.

Thats exactly what im sayin. The prize is fantastic, christ its a house! who wouldnt kill to win it! but the hype was slightly misleading thats all, not to mention its not the most orginal idea they could have come up with.

But ill be entering anyways, as long as its not one of them premium rate things they get you to text or call!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Depends where the previous house was given away relative to this one. A house in the suburban sticks 'commutable to Dublin' wouldn't fetch anything like a house within the M50 boundary, probably even if you adjusted the valuation to the house now to the other house 3 years back or whenever the hell it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

themont85 wrote: »
    Depends where the previous house was given away relative to this one.

Not in relation to the OP , it doesn't : Since they've already given away a house in the past, Its the "history making" part of the promotion that's misleading, not the value of the gaff.

By repeating a competition with the same type of prize that they've successfully run in the past ( no matter the value of the current prize compared to the last one - I was being facetious in my earlier post referring to house prices) they aren't making history, and that was OP's point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

It is a nice prize but 98 have probably given 250K more away than fm104 since the last time fm104 gave a house away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Culture2007

By repeating a competition with the same type of prize that they've successfully run in the past ( no matter the value of the current prize compared to the last one - I was being facetious in my earlier post referring to house prices) they aren't making history, and that was OP's point.

Their ad I heard earlier said "in 2007 FM104 gave away the biggest prize in the history of Irish radio, now it's happening again, only this time it's bigger".

They're obviously not trying to say this is original. I think the difference here is that it's a showhouse. That's worth a lot more than just a shell of a house. The pictures on the website are nice. It's ready to walk into.

It's not easy to get a mortgage now for a €250,0000 house. It's a nice prize for whoever wins it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭MaltHouse Mouse

It's not easy to get a mortgage now for a €250,0000 house. It's a nice prize for whoever wins it.

I know for a fact that if I was to apply now for a quarter of a million euro mortgage, with the way things are in this country at the moment, I would not be approved for it! So this prize would certainly change my life!!! No more having to pay the rent/mortgage every month would free up so much cash which as I'm sure you will all agree, could come in so handy at the moment with the fear of job losses and the likes.

The majority of us are on a pay freeze so who wouldn't say no to a bit of extra cash every month and a fully furnished, ready to walk into house.

Was looking at the virtual tour on their website... Very nice house indeed! Close to everything too. Would certainly make my life better by having it! :)

Just so its really really clear ok, ill do this in caps do no one misses it....

THE PRIZE THEY ARE GIVING AWAY IS SUPER DUPER FANTASTIC... ITS A HOUSE, READY TO LIVE IN.... ALL MOD CONS ETC ETC ETC... A SUPER LIFE CHANGING PRIZE....THE OPPERTUNITY OF A LIFE TIME...NO MORE RENT OR MORTAGE... A SUPER PRIZE ONLY ON THE BIGGEST STATION IN THE CITY...DUBLINS'S FM 104......

...its just not very original, been done before....

jedbartlet wrote: »
    J..

...its just not very original, been done before....

They never claimed it was original though. They're even referencing the fact it's been done before. You just assumed it was something different. :D

They said it was the biggest, and compared to the last house, this is much bigger and worth more because it's a show house. I'm also in their target market and the chance of not paying out rent/mortgage for the rest of my life would be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 lampydoo

Is it just me who feels a little cheated by the so called biggest ever competition on Irish radio as blagged on FM 104 the last two weeks! They are giveing away a house! Didnt they do that before??? So where is the history making in that? Dont get me wrong, its a super prize, but its hardly making history now is it, they are off loading a house that the developer couldnt sell anyways. Its even more interesting that they have not put a value on this prize! lol maybe jobs in NAMA for the boys if they can put a value on it!

High profile jocks on the station have already called some people on Facebook 'Gob****es' for putting a negitive spin on the competition. But come on seriously, is running a competion that was run before giving away a house when the housing market is in melt down really all that impressive for a station like FM 104.

I am their target market and i aint all that blown away by it to be honest.

Let me go on record now stating i do not work for any other station at all and i actually do listen to 104 from time to time. Ben Murray is grest on it and the overnights with Mel are funny.

I've heard them say on air that it is the show house which any builder could shift no problem to be honest! Looking at the pics on their site the house is fully furnished and I've heard them mention that it has landscaped gardens and the works. The last house they gave away had none of this so its alot bigger this time. I know I'd be glad to take it off their hands!

lampydoo wrote: »
    I've heard them say on air that it is the show house which any builder could shift no problem to be honest! Looking at the pics on their site the house is fully furnished and I've heard them mention that it has landscaped gardens and the works. The last house they gave away had none of this so its alot bigger this time. I know I'd be glad to take it off their hands!

Me too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 The Cavaliers

Its defo an amazing prize , theres no doubt there at all and if it was any other station i`m sure they would be bragging just as much as 104 did.
    As soon as I heard the teasers on air I was very interested in the whole thing. The teasers were almost word for word the same as 98`s mad money. To me(and this is just my own anorak opinion -i do not work in radio anymore)it was built up to be the bestest thing ever , and its just not. I just couldnot help but feel cheated as I listened on friday , although I do want the house all the same.ha Ha. Its actually quite funny and cool to see the big wily contest between 104 and 98. Its been a while since this has happened and I cannot make up my mind as to who is ahead. So to sum up I agree with above posters and I feel let down but do I want the house - Course I do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Does anyone remember "The Car, the cruise or the castle"?

Its been a while since this has happened and I cannot make up my mind as to who is ahead.

Going on JNLR figues 104 is miles ahead.

• Advertisement

Have 98 not made up some decent ground in the latest book?

Have 98 not made up some decent ground in the latest book?

They had a good JNLR book, doing well for a few hours during the day, but are still a fair bit behind FM104.

JNLR WEEKDAY REACH FIGURES
    July 2008 – June 2009

Dublin

FM104 20 Same 20
    Dublin’s 98 15 Same 16

JNLR WEEKDAY SHARE FIGURES (7a.m.-7p.m.)
    July 2008 – June 2009

Dublin

FM104 11.5 -1
    Dublin’s 98 10.9 -0.1

Cheers for that culture , thats why I was never on air , production was always my baby. Althogh I do know through mates still in the biz that when stations go down .x of a per cent management throw a wobbler, I cant imagine the 104 lads are happy about the whole percentage point in share.

Cheers for that culture

Not a problem.

You can find more details here http://www.bci.ie/documents/jnlr_july08_jun09.pdf

tbh wrote: »
    Does anyone remember "The Car, the cruise or the castle"?

What a great comp!! Can't remember what the winner chose though!! :confused:

They (98) had a good JNLR book, doing well for a few hours during the day

Don't think a few hour's per day makes too much of a difference, and especially when it get's to nit-picking into quarter hour share figure's!!

Would seem that they are clutching at straws!!

Don't think a few hour's per day makes too much of a difference, and especially when it get's to nit-picking into quarter hour share figure's!!

Would seem that they are clutching at straws!!

Very much so! They are claiming to have Dublin's number one breakfast show, my eyes must have decieved me looking at the figures because I clearly saw FM104 having 7,000 more than 98. They must have Little Becky doing their figures!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

they're claiming it to be a prize money can't buy.

well... actually it can buy it :rolleyes:

swingking wrote: »
    they're claiming it to be a prize money can't buy.

well... actually it can buy it :rolleyes:

I think you might want to open you ears a bit more. The comp they are running... 'A prize that money can't buy'... Is actually to have band playing a gig in your back garden.

Why, oh why would they claim that the house is a prize that money can't buy when they clearly state that it is worth a quarter of a million euro :rolleyes::p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,950 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 buzzbomb

Very much so! They are claiming to have Dublin's number one breakfast show, my eyes must have decieved me looking at the figures because I clearly saw FM104 having 7,000 more than 98. !

You're highlighting a very good point there. Despite 104s breakfast showing having a higher reach figure, 98 are still beating them to get the number 1 position.

This indicates a serious flaw with 104s breakfast show. Clearly Adrians listeners are going to bed with nothing on but AK and Jeremy (jaysus) and switching on the next morning.

The problem is that they're obviously switching the Strawberries off as quickly as they possibly can.

98s breakfast show only has a reach of 81,000 but those listeners are staying with them throughout the show which as you know puts them at number 1 in AQH.

Now that you've highlighted the problem with the Strawberry Alarm Clock what do you think Dave Kelly should do with them? Clearly Adrian is the only thing keeping 104 afloat at this point - and those breakfast reach figures make that very obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

I hope to **** the house isn't near mine. Imagine one of those skobes moving in to this part of the city.

ANTIFA! wrote: »
    I hope to **** the house isn't near mine. Imagine one of those skobes moving in to this part of the city.

Its in the charming District of Dublin 15 off the Ongar Road so it all depends where you are. Another set of skobes in D15 probably won't make too much of a difference!!!

buzzbomb wrote: »
    You're highlighting a very good point there. Despite 104s breakfast showing having a higher reach figure, 98 are still beating them to get the number 1 position.

This indicates a serious flaw with 104s breakfast show. Clearly Adrians listeners are going to bed with nothing on but AK and Jeremy (jaysus) and switching on the next morning.

The problem is that they're obviously switching the Strawberries off as quickly as they possibly can.

98s breakfast show only has a reach of 81,000 but those listeners are staying with them throughout the show which as you know puts them at number 1 in AQH.

Now that you've highlighted the problem with the Strawberry Alarm Clock what do you think Dave Kelly should do with them? Clearly Adrian is the only thing keeping 104 afloat at this point - and those breakfast reach figures make that very obvious.

Can I ask you if you have seen the actual breakdown of the figures? 98's breakfast yes has a higher AQH at certain times of a 4 hour show. There are 16 quarter hours in that time block and the figures I have read 104 come out on top in the majority of them.

Originally Posted by buzzbomb

How can they be beating them in an over all position? 98 are only slightly higher in certain quarter hours! Like... Hello... It's only quarter hours ffs. Hardly anything to write home about. Overall, it is blatantly obvious to see that 104 are still in the lead with their figures. 98 are clutching at straws and trying to make themselves look good in anyway possible, but it is quite amusing to see them nit pickin at quarter hours!! Please... Talk about OTT! Anything at this stage to try to make themselves look good I guess??

ANTIFA! wrote: »

LMFAO!!! Talk about having your head up your own hole!! If you lived in D4 I would think 'stuck up tosser'... But hello... It's D15 you utter fool!! Same as any other place... Good and bad everywhere!

I also think that if you venture outside of your front door in D15, you might actually see some skobes!! Or maybe I am totally wrong and I have seem to have forgotten that some people wear blinkers and live in their own little world!

Oh the pure ignorance of some people! :mad:

• Advertisement

Can I ask you if you have seen the actual breakdown of the figures? 98's breakfast yes has a higher AQH at certain times of a 4 hour show. There are 16 quarter hours in that time block and the figures I have read 104 come out on top in the majority of them.

Saying that you have a higher AQH at certain times of a 4 hour show is nonsensical; AQH is the average quarter hour of that entire four hour block. I think you're trying to point out that 104 have higher quarter hours at certain points during that four hours. Thats great - and it makes sense because your reach is higher than that of 98s.

As somebody said to me last week about the same thing - its like claiming that you're winning the football match with 30 minutes to go. You don't win football games that way!

So is 104s problem the breakfast show? Is it marketing? Or is it non-related like the huge swing to talk radio over the last 6 months. It certainly makes for interesting times......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Heard the details of the competition today on FM104. Starts Monday.
    €2 (plus std. network text charge) to enter. The T&C's on FM104's site state there is a maximum of 5 entries, per mobile, per day.

So let's say 10,000 listeners submit the maximum amount of entries in one day, that's €100,000 earned for FM104, and that's just one day's worth of entries. So there is the possibility of covering the cost of the house well within a week of the competition starting. A nice little money earner FM104 are onto there!!!

Kensington wrote: »
    Heard the details of the competition today on FM104. Starts Monday.
    €2 (plus std. network text charge) to enter. The T&C's on FM104's site state there is a maximum of 5 entries, per mobile, per day.

So let's say 10,000 listeners submit the maximum amount of entries in one day, that's €100,000 earned for FM104, and that's just one day's worth of entries. So there is the possibility of covering the cost of the house well within a week of the competition starting. A nice little money earner FM104 are onto there!!!

So its not even based on luck, stamina, IQ or even just good old fashioned fun! its a bloody lottery and a money making one at that!

my idea of 'competition' is to compete for something; engage in a contest; measure oneself against others....not a buy a ticket lottery thing!

Seriously this is what i ment in my original post... its just a total lack of imagination it could have been a real oppertunity to engage with the listeners. how do they get away with it.

Well as stated before they wont be getting my €2! and will most certinly not be getting it 5 times a day! bloody scam. Is the excess money not even going to charity?

Who do i get onto, to report this as totally misleading?? is it advertising complaints or comreg or what!

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

In fairness to them, the description of the competition is:

Every day a 'Superstar of the Day' will be announced. When a track from this artist is played, and a question given, text lines will be opened for 104 minutes. The opening and closing of the text lines will be clearly announced on air. Competition entries will only be accepted at these designated times. There will be three designated times of 104 minutes to enter the competition per day. There will be three winners per day with a pre-recorded response of each played on air. Listeners will be promoted by a presenter to answer a question related to the nominated daily artist. Listeners must text HOUSE followed by their answer A, B or C (from the multiple choice options presented) to 57080.

There is a limit of 5 entries per mobile number per day. There is a limit of one entry per daily visit to the show house.

So you do have to answer a multiple choice question to enter and can only do it at certain times of the day. Whether each question will be the typical ridiculously easy question remains to be seen...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 andy jackson

has anyone noticed ...... from monday 7th september its a text only compitition , and its €2 a text ......... mmmmm

so THATS how its being paid for ?

• Advertisement

So its not even based on luck, stamina, IQ or even just good old fashioned fun! its a bloody lottery and a money making one at that!

my idea of 'competition' is to compete for something; engage in a contest; measure oneself against others....not a buy a ticket lottery thing!

Seriously this is what i ment in my original post... its just a total lack of imagination it could have been a real oppertunity to engage with the listeners. how do they get away with it.

Well as stated before they wont be getting my €2! and will most certinly not be getting it 5 times a day! bloody scam. Is the excess money not even going to charity?

Who do i get onto, to report this as totally misleading?? is it advertising complaints or comreg or what!

:confused:

I have heard Andy Preston mention on air that FM104 do not make anything out of the €2. The competition would have to be RegTel approved before they could run it with a premium rate text number and RegTel would be able to tell you where your money goes...

Saying that you have a higher AQH at certain times of a 4 hour show is nonsensical; AQH is the average quarter hour of that entire four hour block. I think you're trying to point out that 104 have higher quarter hours at certain points during that four hours. Thats great - and it makes sense because your reach is higher than that of 98s.

As somebody said to me last week about the same thing - its like claiming that you're winning the football match with 30 minutes to go. You don't win football games that way!

So is 104s problem the breakfast show? Is it marketing? Or is it non-related like the huge swing to talk radio over the last 6 months. It certainly makes for interesting times......

How is it nonsensical? What I said is FM104 hold the majority of the quarter hours with 98 getting ahead in only a few, thus making their "number 1 breakfast show" claim the only nonsensical thing! By the way AQH is the average quarter hour of an hour
    not four as you stated.

Also you failed to answer my question if you have actually seen the breakdown of the figures? My guess is no!

How is it nonsensical? What I said is FM104 hold the majority of the quarter hours with 98 getting ahead in only a few, thus making their "number 1 breakfast show" claim the only nonsensical thing! By the way AQH is the average quarter hour of an hour
    not four as you stated.

Also you failed to answer my question if you have actually seen the breakdown of the figures? My guess is no!

I haven't seen the breakdowns because I don't work for either 98 or 104. You obviously do though, so why not put your money where your mouth is and actually post up the figures that you're defending.

You've also once again managed to get the idea of AQH completely arseways. why would anybody extract an AQH for one hour of afour hour show? That would completely skew the results! As I said in a last post, its wanting to stop the game at half time 'cos you're 1-0 up. Doesn't happen like that.

When you're posting up those figures that you're knocking me for not being able to display we'll be able to have a proper debate...

My point is that you cannot come out with statements such as...

when you havn't seen the figures and are just going on what "somebody told you last week". By the way anybody in the country who works for a station covered by the JNLR has access to the figures so clearly you don't work for any station so I'd question your knowledge on these things.

Anyway back to the topic...

My point is that you cannot come out with statements such as...

when you havn't seen the figures and are just going on what "somebody told you last week". By the way anybody in the country who works for a station covered by the JNLR has access to the figures so clearly you don't work for any station so I'd question your knowledge on these things.

Anyway back to the topic...

Once again you're wrong. You have to pay for the JNLR books; that means that if you work in Galway, or Limerick or Cork (where I was on air for several years) you're not going to get the Dublin books. I very much doubt whether Andy Matthews or Dave Kelly have the JNLR books for Leitrim/Sligo for example.

I also made the point that I don't work for either one of the stations that we've been talking about - but this IS a discussion board and isn't just for the use of fulltime radio industry workers!

The figures I mentioned are the figures that both stations are throwing around at the moment - and I've asked you to post up the figures so that we can all judge for ourselves. Its not unusual for radio stations to put their own spin (no pun intended) on figures. You seem to be keen to quote lots of figures but not publish them here for us to see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

I was settting my phone for texting in ready with info etc. Before any question was asked I text by mistake and I got a message saying I got the right answer. The 104 minutes did not start yet. Worded like this.

Well Done! You sent in the correct answer. A Random winner will be selected and contacted on air once the 104 minutes are up. Stay tuned to FM104 and good luck!!

1st I had a 1 in 3 chance of guessing right. I guessed B please see time of my post and anyone who listened to station knows what time 1st question was asked.

I am worried they are just grabing the money. Where does this E2 go???

hhhmmmm.

I was right it was B just entered again just in case. Hope both my answers go into draw :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Its the 2 bed house right?

http://www.manorpark.ie/barnwell.html

How much are they saying its worth? €250K or something ridiculous? Good luck with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyt24

Regardless of 104 giving away a house befor. i think its a great prize..alot better than other stations are giving and especially in a recession.... Pple need to stop been so negitive and be happy they might have a chance to win a house...

And the 104fm have a chance to make money on the backs of peoples dream not to be sad. All they need is 125,000 texts to make up the money for the house. I am sure there is a deal in there and they got the house for cheap. one thing is for sure they are not lossing money. Do the lotto if you ask me at least the money goes to good charities if you don't win. Not into rich radio station owners pockets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement