Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery problems

• 28-08-2009 7:38pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a Nokia Supernova 7310, which, up until recently, has had excellent battery life. I was getting up to a week out of a charge. However, in the past week or so, the battery has completely gone to hell. It barely holds a charge for 24 hours, and holds it for less every day. I've only had it since Christmas. I thought it was because I had over 2,000 messages stored, but I deleted half of them and it did nothing. My friend has the same phone, same age, and about 3,000 messages stored with no battery problems. I assume I need a new battery, but given that it's only 8 months old, is it still under guarantee? I'm with Meteor, and it was a gift, so I have no receipt. Can I just bring it back into the shop, or will I have to pay for a new battery? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The phone has a 24 month warranty, but the batteries only have a 6 month warranty unfortunately.

Have you dropped it lately? Often a battery problem similar to this can be cause by a button being pressed either a fault or part of the housing against it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thanks for the quick reply! I don't recall dropping it really. The back is really stiff and hard to take off, but I'll try to take it off in a bit and see if there's anything going on. I suppose it's possible it just needs to be taken out and put back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It would be the front you need to take off, which you can do ofcourse if im thinking of the right phone,,, the pink one comes with a blue cover

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

That's the one. I've just taken both covers off, and nothing seems to be amiss. The keys and battery only barely overlap.

I'll charge it up again and see if it helped at all.

Advertisement