Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank cancelled my account, implications for credit rating?

Options
  • 28-08-2009 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi, I havent been using my bank accout for the last couple of months. It had remained 50 euro overdrawn for the majority of these. I got a letter from the bank last week saying to bring it into credit or it would be cancelled. I phoned them on wednesday to see if they could give me another week to pay it, but the lady on the phone says it wasnt up to her. I managed to get the money today but I think they've cancelled it already.

What are the implications for my credit rating in future? Will this seriously affect it? I mean its only 50 euro but it probably says Ive defaulted on a loan or something will it?

Advertisement